cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is sending a alert mail to the customer yahoo ID when there is a wrong namespace in the source file. I have followed Michael Step-by-Step blog and configured the alert. I am able to see the alert mail in my alert inbox.

Now how do I send alert mail to the customer abc@yahoo.com. This is my alert implementation. Could some one help me in finding the solution please?

thanks

Azias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Could some one help in SCOT configuration, Please. i know it is a basis work but i have no time to wait for basis team to do.

please help me out dears.....

thanks..

azias

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try a search on SDN and help.sap.com. You will find multiple guides and references.

Meanwhile check this document,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/be79a16b-0a01-0010-51b8-9b6d1968...

Regards

Bhavesh

Message was edited by:

Bhavesh Kantilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azias,

Below is SAP link to do SCOT config...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

It would be better/faster if you have basis help available...

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all. i am awarding points ..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To forward your alerts from the Alert Inbox as mails,

1. Make sure SCOT configuration is in place.

2. Log on to tcode SU01 and assign the email id to the reciepeint of the alert.

3. Finally, log on to the alert inbox , go to Personalization --> Time Independent Develivery and select EMAIL.

Now for every alert the email will be triggered.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear bhavesh,

thanks for ur quick response. i am new to Alert Configuration. Could you please clarify me.

"1.Make sure SCOT configuration is in place."----what is SCOT configuration and is it basis work to configure or XI Developer has to do it.

2."Log on to tcode SU01 and assign the email id to the reciepeint of the alert." -

could you please tell me how do i create user please.i think this is again basis work right.

3.Third point is already there by default. is that fine

4. do we need CMS to send mail or not.

Thanks in Advance.

Azias

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>what is SCOT configuration and is it basis work to configure or XI Developer has to do it.

It is basis work. Ask oyur BASIS people to configure SCOT. They will know about this. SCOT is a transaction code, where you enter settings of your Mail server to send mails from SAP system.

>>----could you please tell me how do i create user please.i think this is again basis work right.

You dont create any new users here. If you have a User Id to access XI server, In SU01 tcode enter your user Id and in the column email, attach your email address. Again, this will be done by BASIS.

>>do we need CMS to send mail or not.

No.

Regards,

Jai Shankar