cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing materials that are in batches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is Vikrant. I have created a delivery document that contains a material that is manufactured in batches. Now when I go for packing, the quanities to be packed apper batch wise. For example if the total quantity is 20000 but it is manufactured in 20 batches, then all those 20 batches apear to be packed that is I get 20 line items of the same material to be packed. Is there any way by which the only 1 line item that is the sum of all the 20 batches can be genrated, so that packing can be carried out more effieiently ?

thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SPRO, goto Logistics gen - HU Mgmt - Basics - Delivery - Packing control by Item category.

In this for your Item category (say TAN) tick the option <i>Pack acc. batch.</i>

Now you can pack at the main item level and not at batch split level.

Hope this solves your problem

Arijeet

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Go to IMG - Logistics General - HUM - Delivery - Packing Control By Item Category . In that Check the indicator for Automatic Packing Control for Delivery Item category.

Pack accumulated batches / movement type item

Specifies if for a batch material only the main item with the accumulated batch quantity is to be packed in the delivery, or if only items in which the batch is recognized can be packed.

If the field is not set to its initial value, only the main item will be packed.

When this indicator is set, deliveries can be packed automatically, even if no automatic batch split occurred.

If a storage location is HU-managed, that characteristic overrides this indicator. It is not possible to pack anything in the delivery regardless of its batch if handling-unit inventory management is in use.

Awards Points if it useful

Rgds

Siva yepuri

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have many batches for the same material the bacth split is mandatory: you cannot pick batches random. You could customize a new picking printout in a different way, more compact, but you must definitly declare the picking quantities in split mode.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I dont have a system in front of me. There is a field called "Pack acc to batches" either in the delivery type or in the delivery item category (I'm not sure). Just check if this is unflagged.