cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in installing Netweaver developer workstation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some problem in installing the Net Weaver Developer workstation on my pc. I have installed all the prerequisites for the same and have administrator privileges on the system as well. The log contents are as given below. Please could anyone figure out what exactly is the problem?

<b>

starting gui server process:

sapinstport: 21200

guiport : 21212</b>

command : "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_09\bin\javaw.exe" -cp "C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.2956.1179124207\jar\instgui.jar;C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.2956.1179124207\jar\inqmyxml.jar" -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200

<b>starting gui process:

port : 21212</b>

command: "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_09\bin\javaw.exe" -cp "C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.2956.1179124207\jar\instgui.jar;C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.2956.1179124207\jar\inqmyxml.jar" -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true SDTGui service=com.sap.sdt.engine.ext.sapinst.SAPinstServiceIF host=localhost port=21212

load resource pool C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\NW04sDW on IM_WINDOWS_I386\resourcepool.xml

<b>guiengine</b>: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host port 21200 to continue with the installation</i>

<b><i>INFO 2007-05-14 14:37:50</b>

Execution of preprocess block of |NW_Workplace|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_First_Steps|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|Preinstall|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0 Step AddPrivileges returns TRUE.

<b>ERROR 2007-05-14 14:37:50</b>

FSL-06002 Error 123 (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. ) in execution of a 'NetServerGetInfo' function, line (202), with parameter (., 101).

MOS-01224 Unable to add privileges 'SeTcbPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege' to account 'sysadmin' on host '.'.

MOS-01224 Unable to add privileges 'SeTcbPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege' to account 'sysadmin' on host '.'.

FCO-00011 The step AddPrivileges with step key |NW_Workplace|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_First_Steps|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|Preinstall|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|AddPrivileges was executed with status ERROR .</i>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

I am also getting the same error while trying to install NW 2004S. Were you able to resolve this issue? If yes, Please share with us.

Thanks,

Srihari

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also refer SAP NOTE 785925 for "guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host port "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I could not understand where u said "<b><i>Please make sure that a JDK is installed on this host and that SAPINST_JRE_HOME points to the root

directory of your Java installation. As an alternative you may start the GUI Server on another host</i></b>." Could you please elaborate on it?

Where exactly should the JDK be installed?

Does it make any difference to install a different version of JDK when the installation guide clearly recommmends the usage of one version?

Where can I find SAPINST_JRE_HOME? The installation no where asks for any input where I can mention the directory of Java installation.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

Let me make it clear. sorry for confusion

I<i> could not understand where u said "Please make sure that a JDK is installed on this host and that SAPINST_JRE_HOME points to the root

directory of your Java installation. As an alternative you may start the GUI Server on another host." Could you please elaborate on it?</i>

<i>Where exactly should the JDK be installed?</i>

<b>Answer:</b>

<i>Does it make any difference to install a different version of JDK when the installation guide clearly recommmends the usage of one version?</i>

Absolutely yes,,but It somehow worked for 08 for me. go ahead with 09 as per recommendation.

<i>Where can I find SAPINST_JRE_HOME? The installation no where asks for any input where I can mention the directory of Java installation</i>.

You can put environmental variable called SAPINST_JRE_HOME=<Your JDK Installation path> where ever and make sure it's in the path, veryifying with PATH

on cmd-prompt. and follow the above URL as it clearly says the same problem

Also disable any ant-virus if it's running

Hope that helps

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for better result install with jdk 1.4.2.08 instead of .09 as it creates few problems some time

hope that should be O.K

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that you have installed java in root directory,As this message appeared it seems that u installed java in C:\Program Files\Java\....\

and for my knowledge your Java version is correct.

The process that should run the GUI Server could not be started.

Please make sure that a JDK is installed on this host and that SAPINST_JRE_HOME points to the root

directory of your Java installation. As an alternative you may start the GUI Server on another host.

also consult the installation guide for more details on this aspect

Hope that helps