cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with spam upgrade:

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have installed sap xi in 2004. till now its running like that only. but now i want to upgrade it to present version. for that what i done is ---

my idea was to apply some patches and upgrade it. for that what i done is first i tried to upgrade spam. for that i downloaded sapkd64020. when i try to apply it it shows error-- chek requirements. . then for that as a solution what i done is i apply kernel patches then for that i applied kernel patches for level 175. even after that i got the same problem. so what can i do now?

do i need to follow the entire upgrade process or simply by adding some patches we can get it ip to sp-18 level?

plz help me

thanks in advance

santosh .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever you upgrade your SPAM ensure that you take the latest from the market place. The relevant kernel should also be upgraded. That's all. In some cases you might have to see the version of "tp" and "r3trans".

Then unpack the sar files and place it in <drive:>\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in folder.

go to SPAM and choose the option update SPAM from the menu bar.

it shall go smooth.

regards and do reward points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mantosh,

Please go to SPAM transaction. Select all imported support packages and then look for the highest number you get with SAPKD640*. Is it SAPKF64019?If not then you need to first import all support packs that lead upto SAPKD64020 are not applied in your system.Don't know if you have already done that.

I mean how is SAPKD64020 SP18? I think it will be called part of SP20.

Please award points for useful answers.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the Prerequisities for SAPKD64020 in marketplace..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I AM NEW TO MARKETPLACE. PLZ TELL ME HOW CAN I CHECK PREREQUISITES FOR THIS PATCH- SAPKD64020?

santosh

yuezhi_zhao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked the import condition for support package SAPKD64020 and there's no import condition.

What you need to do is:

1. download the .SAR file;

2. unpack it into dir_trans/eps/in directory;

3. in SPAM, select the menu to upload the SPs;

4. in SPAM, run the menu 'SPAM UPDATE IMPORT'.

Please give me the exact error message if there's any.

Regards,

Joe