cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenSQLException: JDBC driver not supported?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ all,

I need to connect to a DataSource with the WebAS 7 via SQLJ. As I try to connect to it with the SQL Engine set to "Vendor SQL" I get:

"The given connection "com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.cci.ConnectionHandle" is not an Open SQL connection"

As I try to get a connection to the dataSource via SQLJ with SQL Engine set to "Open SQL" or "Native SQL", I get the following Exception:

ResourceException in method ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(): com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseResourceException: SQLException thrown by the physical connection: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: JDBC driver not supported for MS_SQL_SERVER database.

How can I get the SQLJ- Support?

Kind regards,

Uwe

Message was edited by:

Uwe Kunath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member585757
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe, all,

for using Native SQL/JDBC or Open SQL/JDBC, the database itself and the JDBC driver must be recognized as being in the supported set. The answer to that depends on what you mean in detail by "Web AS 7". Roughly speaking, it should be the JDBC driver released by Microsoft.

Open SQL/SQLJ is only available with a Open SQL/JDBC data source. Hence, there is no way around using Open SQL/JDBC.

Now, Open SQL/JDBC and Open SQL/SQLJ both requires tables (and other database objects) to be deployed via the Open SQL for Java Dictionary. Up to and including WebAS Java 7.1, the Open SQL/Dictionary supports deployment to the system database, i.e. the database (and schema) used by the installed server itself.

Given the above, the JDBC driver for a Open SQL/JDBC data source must already be present, because it must be the driver used by the server itself. When defining data sources, it is referred to as "system driver".

This leaves us with a Open SQL/JDBC data source to the system schema. You can then also consider to establish a data source alias to the server's system datasource.

Hope this helps. Best Regards, Dietamr

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uwe

Can you try the following:

Go to the Datasource you have setup

Click the additional Tab

Set the SQL Engine property to "Native SQL"

Save and Exit

Retry

Also the link below is an example of how to create a DB connection from

the Netweaver Documentation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fe/68e343cc68414da4426258d3

e896ae/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I've written "Vendor SQL" instead of "Native SQL" in my description above. It raises the same error message like "Open SQL"