cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO fields in R3 masters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I am working as a consultant in a steel manufacturing implementing R3 & SCM....Plz can someone tell me how do I activate the APO relevant fields in R3 product masters (eg. planning profile), so that the same can be transferred to APO durung CIF...I have looked in to the tables MARA, MARC, but I ahve not found any field as such..Plz suggest!!!!

Abhilasha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

Not sure what are you looking at to activate in R/3. The mapping of relevant master data fields between APO and R/3 is given in the SCM Wiki <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/SCMMasterData">Master Data</a>. Hope that helps. Otherwise relevant product master data from R/3 will transfer to APO and additional APO-specific fields have to be maintained in APO only. You can use MASSD transaction for that.

Thanks,

Somnath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have not made myself very clear..Let me explain this again...

There are fields in R3 which can be transferred to APO but how to activate in R3 so that these fields are updated in R3 product masters itself in the first place???

There after CIF will only transfer this data to APO...

But very first, how do I update these fields in R3 product masters??? like Strategy Group (MRP3),Replenishment Lead Time (MRP3), Consumption Mode, Planned Delivery time.....Can I update these fields through MM01 in R3?? what are these fields names????which tables are updated ?????Is there any indicator or BADI???

I cannot see any such field when I try through MM03 / MM02/ MM01???,,,,,I need to update the material masters in R3 first with these values???? CIF- ing is the later part of this..

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

The product master fields mentioned by you should be maintainable in R/3 using MM02 (Change Material) transaction.

The table-field names are as below

Strategy Group MARC-STRGR

Consumption Mode MARC-VRMOD

Replenishment Lead Time MARC-WZEIT

Planned Delivery Time MARC-PLIFZ.

The quick and dirty way of finding the field and table name is select the field, hit F1 then click on the Tech. Information icon (fourth button from left) to get the details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

activate in r/3? sorry i didnt get u. if u make any change in ur r/3 system, the changes automatically goes to apo (if cif is open). i think now u shud follow the reply, wht vijay said first (his 1st reply).

Regards,

satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

and also follow somnath's first ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did not understood what do u mean by Activate in R3

PLs understand once material is created in MM01 and saved , all the data which are maintained gets upated in the table( as mentioned by Somanth). In case if u have not maintained during creation or u want to change, then u can do the same in MM02

regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot every one....

I have seen all these fields in MARC table..Now when I activate the integration model, will all the fields in the product masters will be transferred to APO or I need to put any kind of indicator against these fields??

Abhilasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhilasa,

its gr8 tht u got ur way, now the matarial with the mrp type x0 is relavent for planning (ll c in apo), but if it is 'nd' then u ll not c those materials in apo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i mean for respective locations......

Former Member
0 Kudos

i mean its not relavent for planning if mrp type is 'nd'....so there wud be no active ppm for those materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

If I set that indicator as X0, will all the fields get transferred to APO???? or is it only for a particular set of the data...As far as I know, the field names are different in the two systems..I mean does that make any difference???...

Abhilasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

nooooooo...only apo relavent fields r transfered. field like valuation class, tax..etc r not apo relavent, so these r not transmitted, but plant data, strogloc , uom, procurement type, stock, lot size..etc will be transmitted, whether the mrp type 'x0' or 'nd' u mentioned.

hope the above is clear to u...if not then plzz ask.

thanks.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

A lot of traffic has gone in this thread. I shall try to be the last.

Just want to clarify on the expected system behavior.

In R/3 in transaction CFC9 you can set the parameter against Material Master Change transfer to 2 - BTE Transfer, Immediately.

Now there is an important prerequisite for changes in Material Master to be transferred from ERP to APO upon Save in ERP.

There has to be an ACTIVE integration model containing this location-product combination. It does not matter on the MRP Type of the Material. The MRP Type X0 causes R/3 planning (MRP) to ignore the product becuase it is to be externally planned (hence X0). If you set it to ND that means the product is not relevant for planning be it in ERP or external / APO system.

Then how does system know if a product is part of an active integration model.

Very simple as a integration model containing the product gets active, the APOKZ (Relevant to APO) field in MARC table gets populated with a value of 3. For change transfer the system checks for this field value and accordingly sends the changes to APO if relevant (value is 3). This field is also relevant during transfer of PPM as well from Production Version in ERP.

So if you have CFC9 setting as 2 then changes are automatically sent to APO

If you have CFC9 setting as 1 then you have to manually run change transfer CFP1 (report RCPTRAN4) to send over the changes to APO.

If you have CFC9 setting as blank, then you have to do initial transfer of the integration model for changes to be sent (basically no change pointers but sent the product master fresh).

I guess my answer is a bit long but then I tried to explain it in full detail.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In R3 - mat master - Mrp Type should be X0 - To transfer the materials to APO

For routing and BOM - Production version to be created in R3 and BOM and routing should be assigned

For work center - There is one APO Resource Button in the capacity detailed view. Enter the fields relevant to Resource which will be planned in APO

Generate the I.Model and activate the model for the above master data

Hope u r clrea now. Reward points if found useful

regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot

But I am stillnot clear as to how do I activate these particular fields in material masters...Can I put Planing Profile , Storage profile in R3 and CIF to APO???..

Its my first project in APO hence I am not very confident with the masters..Which table do I need to update for these fields????

Abhilasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhilas,

u cant cif-ed ur planning profile to r/3,...in apo planning profile (u can say heuristic, optimization,.deloy..) its all r apo relavent for planning production n supply, so tht resourse r utilised in the best way (optimization)..n customer satisfaction...u need r/3 master data to be cif-ed to apo, and apo has some own mstrdata (y lane)..the pland order r transfer to r/3....if u want the planning profile to transfer to r/3, then i think there is no need of apo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhilasha,

u cant cif-ed ur planning profile to r/3,...in apo planning profile (u can say heuristic, optimization,.deloy..) its all r apo relavent for planning production n supply, so tht resourse r utilised in the best way (optimization)..n customer satisfaction...u need r/3 master data to be cif-ed to apo, and apo has some own mstrdata (y lane)..the pland order r transfer to r/3....if u want the planning profile to transfer to r/3, then i think there is no need of apo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just Cif the master data first and check the data in APO and then create profiles in APO

U have to create Profiles in APO only.

Hope u r clear now. Pls reward points

regards

Vijay

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

I guess you Satyajit's post gives the answer but I shall clarify. The profiles you mention are APO specific fields that need to be managed in APO after CIF of product master from R/3. As part of the profile there may be some fields that come from R/3 field. But if you have a profile defined in APO then the values from the profile take priority over the corresponding value transferred from R/3. Also note once you use a profile you cannot edit individual product master fields in APO.

You do not need to use any table in APO to update the profiles. Just create the profiles in APO and assign them to the respective Product MAster data. For mass processing you can use MASSD transaction - select a relevant set of product masters and then assign the same profile to all.

If you are asking how to create the profile in the first place- well that's kind of tricky. You create the profile from the Product Master transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1 only by putting a new profile name and then it gives the option of creating and saving the new profile.

Hope this answers you query.

Thanks,

Somnath