cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do XML schema validation without Java mapping ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI @,

I want to do schema validation but not go thru Java mapping.

Is it possible ? Any suggestion on how to proceed thru this requirement without Java mapping

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well in XI currently SAP doesnt provide any build in standard feature to validate the schema

Ref: for various thoughts on this subject. The mentioned methods is basically a java mapping.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit

Some Eclipse IDE plugins provide XML validation features. features would be available also in the NW Developer Studio

check for this relavant thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have several tools to validate the Schemas. It depends upon the requirement / integration requirement, we would choose the tool to validate the given XML Schame. See XML schema is nothing but a strcutre that should accept by the Sender / receiver App system, Say for example EDI related / X12 standard schemas wants to be validate we need to choose the EDI tool (like BIC , Cantio..like) , General XML Schema validations can be done through Altova XMLSpy tool also.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chilla,

I want to validate the incoming message within XI but i dont want to use Java mapping Is it possible ? How ?

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit

Schematron and XQuery seem to be 2 options but i am not sure if anybodye have used them in XI

Check the following blog though for some info on Schematron

/people/tobias.trapp/blog/2006/08/22/xml-processing-in-abap-part-8--using-xslt-for-validation

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

In XI Visual mapping you canonly check the existence of elements in target message.

For example

<xsd:element name="number" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1">

XI will throw an exception in case it cannot produce that element.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

This option is not supproted currently in PI 7.0 in standard.

Next release of PI , 7.1 will contain this feature.

Regards

Bhavesh