cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Reservation for selected customers ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How can we make Material Reservations for selected customers ?

Christine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am not sure ,how much it is possible to achieve thro customization.But you can check with your MM consultants on this matter...to keep the reservation on material ,based on customer.

Try and check on the TCode : MB21..and for the sales order ..try the Mvt type : 231. Eventhough it is not directly give the link to cus/material.

but maintaining VB01 may do .

Correct me ,if I m wrong,,

Reward ..if you find helpful

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine, another way is to use Consignment stock. Issue the xx materials to this consignment, then when they actually order it will be there for them.

one order type to "fill up" their stock reserve (put it on your shevles locked for them only) , and another order type to actually order - deliver - bill them for the stuff.

this would be less IMG config then the Storage Location solution, if you use it out of the box, so to speak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

We have the same issue.

If possible can you share how you solved this problem.

We have to reserve quantities of products to some customers even before orders gets into the system.

Thanks,

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris - How do you want to resever materials, do you mean stock reservations or simply materials allowed for sale?

If you want to restrict a customer from ordering something that you don't want to sell, you can use Material Listing /Exclusion strategy. Configure Listing/Exclusion from SPRO->SD>Basic Functions>Listing/Exclusion. Here you can create a new exclusion condition and its up to you on how you want to configure it. You can use customer #, sales org , material for access sequence (totally up to you on how you want to access the condition record). I hope you are well versed with SAPs condition record set up. From VB01, create restriction entries for other customers and in a the similar way, create a inclusion condition and apply it to the customers you want to allow them for sales.

If you are looking towards reserving material stock for specific customers, I would suggest that you utilize distribution channel for the customers you want to command certain material stock and have that distribution channel maintained by your inventory guys, so that the customer don't run out of stock....

Let me know

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the reply.

I need to make some quantity of materials (Reserve)to some particular customers. Like a condition record. Eg. Customer A need Material B for 5000 Qty. Customer B need Material B for 10000 Qty. (As Reserve) We should keep that much material (15000) always in the inventory for delivering that particular customers.

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris - I don't know whether this can be achieved completly through customization, but you can surely add some pieces of ABAP development coupled with customization. First of all, create a separate storage location in the plant you would deliver these customers. Now to determine a storage location you can do it in two ways:

1. Create a shipping condition for these cusotmers and assign this shipping condition, plant and shipping point to the storage location (SPRO->LE>Shipping>Picking>Determine Picking Loc>Assign Picking Locations. Now everytime you would create deliveries, this storage location would be determined.

2. Also, while creating the sales order, you can have a user exit coded for storage location determination. First, you can create a default storage location field in KNA1 (like we have KNA1-KATR2) that the user exit during order creation would read and populate on VBAP-LGORT. User Exit in Order for sloc redeterminatino MV45AFZZ.

Now that you would have a separate sloc, you can always force sales order from posting over with this sloc (through user exit or customization as stated above). Maintain inventory in this sloc accordingly as you prefer (15000 etc). You can automate inventory level check on this new sloc by automatically creating stock transfers between main sloc to this sloc everytime inventory level goes below 15000 etc.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you can do the Material reservation for selected customers.

using

1. Down payment scenario

2. Availability check - product allocation process.

But, one might have to dig deep in to this though.

Thanks & regards,

CLN