cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable selections

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a custom defined week called week starting e.g. 200701 is the first week in 2007 through to 200752 (or 200753 depending on the year). an enhancement for variables call current week starting and last week starting has been created in BI. We use these variable extensively in Queries. I would like to use these variables and offsets to create selections like current week, last week, last 4 weeks, last quarter, last 6 months , year to date (based on week starting) last 52 weeks (rolling) ...

Is this possible?, I have created value help lists I dont know how to use the lists as a whole group rather than the individual weekstartings within the lists.??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a variable was created through enhancements for week starting. this is used extensively in queries. My question is, can I use selections with offsets based on the variable. for example for the last 4 full weeks I would like to use: an interval with last week : last week - 4.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

used the full path and the correct name of the variable for the selections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

got tech to create a enhancement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you created a variable within your query, so that you can define an interval for the time period, which should be shown?