cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure to restart cancelled BDLS (logical system conversion) !! Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need immediate help. I started the BDLS (logical system name conversion) and it was running for about 3 days. It was about 70% complete. But because the users could not afford downtime, I cancelled the BDLS job. When I tried to restart BDLS later, it is giving an error "Logical system name already exists". Kindly note that we are on R3 4.6C environment with CRM 4.0. The BDLS conversion is on R3 4.6C QA which was refreshed from R3 4.6C prod.

My question is

1- Is there any way to restart BDLS on R3 4.6C? If so, what is the procedure?

2- The BDLS was 70% complete, before it was cancelled. So it created a new logical system name. Is it possible to delete this new logical system name without any problems?

3- Because BDLS converted 70% of the tables from old logical system name to new logical system name. There might be data inconsistency.

3a- Is there a way to reset all the converted tables to old logical system name?

3b- Is there a report or program or a procedure to reset the BDLS?

4- Will this state of having 70% of tables with new logical system name and 30% of tables having old logical system name create any problems for the data transfers and for the business?

Kindly help me in this regard as this is a very urgent issue. Points to be awarded for any kind of small help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

There should not be any problem restarting bdls. First please run the tx bdls in

test mode. It gives a report regarding which tables are relevant and also which

tables need to be converted. Please save this as it is useful for running the mapping later.

You can re-run the report RBDLSxxx (where xxx is the client)with the same selection criteria.

Also please review notes 121163 and 369758.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Srikishan. I will do the same as you have said.

A couple of more questions.

1- Do I have to start this immediately now, in the morning hours, asking all the users to get disconnected or schedule it later, during the night time or on the weekend.

Will this current state of having 70% of tables with new logical system name and 30% of tables having old logical system name create any problems for the business?

2- If this there a way ( a program, a procedure) to reset changes done by BDLS?

Kindly note that due to the database being large, BDLS is taking 3 days. So I cannot do this during the week days (during business hours), I will have to reschedule this during the weekend.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I think running the BDLS at the earliest would be ideal. Because the logical

system names directly affect all kinds of communication with respect to the system.

Resetting the changes by BDLS will be difficult. I am not exactly aware of this

procedure. As I understand the BDLS has converted 70% of the tables. So the rest

30% should not take that much time. You can as well finish the BDLS.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikishan. I restarted BDLS and it worked and completed successfully.

Answers (0)