cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Backup/Restore with SAP services on -URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

What I did by mistake I ran Windows Backup/Restore with SAP services on (I stopped win sql services and SAP instance).

After restore under same circumstances I could not start istance (actually it started but after connect with saplogon dispetcher stopped).

When trying to restore 2nd time(with deleted AFGDATA1,AFGDATA2, AFGDATA3 , AFGLOG and usr under c:\ I realized I can not delete C:/usr directory (with subdrectories) as SAP services were locking some files. (i stopped services and deleted those files I have them in rcycle bin),

Can I somehow restore the system

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tina,

- what is the status of SAP service? can you start it? If not, what is written in application event log?

- If service can be started, are you able to start SAP system? If not, what is written in sapstartsrv.log, dev_disp and dev_w0, could you put output of them?

- which files exactly have you deleted?

I afraid that the locked files were not backup and they will not be restored in this case. Further steps depend on what the files you have deleted.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was told to reinstall the same systemID. Then I will copy back just AFGDATA1,AFGDATA2, AFGDATA3 , AFGLOG. How should I do that? In SQL server manager I was told to attach the database(how should I do that). I guess I have first to

detach the original database(while having sql services on),

stop sql services ,

restore the old directories ,

start sql services

attach the new database

Am I right?

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

answer how to copy DB is

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

locked files in x:\usr

this is caused by files thatare opened in this directory.

also check if any CMD prompts are in this directory.

check SAP services