0 Kudos

1> I am attempting to get an INITIAL.CONTEXT

I provide the following parameters (psuedocode):

SECURITY.PRINCIPLE = Admiistrator

SECURITY.CREDENTIALS = admin

PROVIDER.URL = 10.2.100.100:50004

INITIAL.CONTEXT.FACTORY =

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl

... and I get back an Initial Conect with an Empty String.

It is not a null pointer, it is an empty string.

If I use the wrong password, I get a credentials error,

If I use the wrong factory or Principle, I get exceptions as well., but if I put in everything just right, I get a empty string,

Then the following calls that use the INITIAL.CONTEXT do not work right.

Could someone tell me what the problem is:

2> I have looked at the links to the documentation, but could someone please respond with a code example for a REMOTE CLIENT ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vladimir:

You are right about the reward points. I was not doing that properly.

I am new to the board and its procedures. So I went thru all of my previous messages and awarded the points as best I could.

I am sorry for any lack of procedure on my part.

Also, I did not mean to suggest that anyone was not responsive. I was just asking for a live code examplea opposed to the document specification.

I think all members on this board are very responsize, and I apologize for any misunderstanding created by my previous request in this thread.

I will award points according to the board procedures and more carefully phrase all of my future statements. (and will follow all board procedures).

Concerning my original question

- Does anyone know why I would get an empty string retruned from the Initial Context call (but I do not get an error printout from the call).

- Could someone post a code example of a call using JNDI and JMS ? I did look at the Document spec in the "Creating an Initial Context" link you provided, but I did not undersatnd completely, and am looking for a code example.

Thanks, John

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

There's no need to post the same question 2..* times in the same forum, moreover if you don't care about the answers! Have you gone e.g. through the links posted in reply?

Be more responsive! If you still have doubts/unclarities/problems, please come back with additional questions. If your questions have been answered, please reward points accordingly and close the relevant threads. This holds at least for the following ones initiated by you:

Best regards,

Vladimir