Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM: NWDI-controlled SC in REVISE due to SC Version Error

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are still very new to working with the J2EE Engine and NWDI, so naturally we are finding our way through our mistakes. We are in the process of implementing Enterprise Portal for ESS/MSS, and we have made some custom modifications to both of these components. We are using NWDI to control the modifications, and after some initial mis-steps, we think we now have a reasonable working landscape. However, we are now unable to apply support packages for ESS to our Test system.

We successfully applied sps8 for ESS/MSS/PCUI_GP/ASR and sps11 for NetWeaver to our Development system, using NWDI and NWDS to re-apply our modifications to ESS and MSS. The combined SP's and modifications went into DEV just fine, they imported into the CONS queue (no runtime system) fine, they assembled successfully, and now I am trying to import them into TEST using JSPM, but here is where the problem lies.

In the "Check Queue" phase of JSPM, the ESS component is in status REVISE, and the detail message says "New component sap.com/SAP_ESS with version 600.8.0 and provider JD1 does not cover existing component with version 600.7.2 and provider JD1." JD1 is our NWDI system/domain. I think the basic problem is that for whatever reason, our TEST system has ESS in version 600.7.2, whereas in DEV it was in 600.7.0 (prior to applying sp8), and I have no idea why there is a difference.

I have tried the import as a support package stack and as a collection of single support packages, but I get the same result.

The MSS component has no such issue. The status in Check Queue indicates that it has admitted our modification from the CMS track for deployment. The assembled directory contains files for MSS, ESS, PCUI_GP, and ASR, as expected.

The only thing I can think of is that prior to applying this sp stack, we had a misconfigured NWDI landscape (the transport directory was on the portal DEV server instead of the NWDI server, transports were variously held on the portal DEV server or the NWDI server depending on whether they were controlled by CMS, etc -- all of this is now fixed, but perhaps the damage is done), and the previous sp stack went into the systems prior to any modifications being done, it went in without NWDI control, and then modifications were transported into TEST separately. However, supposedly the DEV and TEST systems had the same versions prior to this sp stack being applied.

I know the documentation says that the component in the transdir must be replaced to fix the REVISE status, but we have nothing to replace it with. It IS the correct version. What I really need is a way to tell JSPM to ignore the version error and force the new (modified) component in, without losing the version history and track control in the CMS.

Any advice on how to proceed will be much appreciated. The NWDI and Portal are both NW04s release, and the NWDI is already at sps11.

Best regards,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We resolved this problem by undeploying all ESS components via SDM, then applying all the support packages to still-deployed components with JSPM, and then redeploying the new/modified ESS package via JSPM with the option of "New Software Components." I still don't know how the funny 7.2 sp.patch version number got there in the first place.

--Matt