cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value mapping replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One method to implement value mapping is through interfaces that are available under SWCV basis 6.40. To do this we write some proxy code on the interface and once we run the proxy corresponding values will reside on runtime cache of IE. Upto here it is fine. But my question is how these values will be picked up during mapping ?? Is there any thing to be done manually ?? I have gone through this blog. But nothing is available in this.

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

one of the standard fucntions available in message mapping is

vlaue mapping - use it in your mapping and it will take the values from the

value mapping tables

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

Thanks for your reply ! I have gone through the blogs to find out if I can get complete steps to implement the value mapping. plz suggest if you know some blogs to learn value mapping using value mapping tables.

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

have a look at the following to understand value mapping in general

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed !!

Thanks for your reply !! Weblog link that you have me is really good !! It helped me a lot. But my question is in case of value mapping replication using interfaces that are provided by sap under SWCV 6.40..........once the data is available at runtime cache of IE how we will bring the same in mapping.

In garaphical mapping the procedure that is shown works alright ?? But how abt the thing that I am talking ??

thanks

kumar

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>In garaphical mapping the procedure that is shown works alright ??

yes you don't need to worry how XI works internally

value mapping function in message mapping will work fine

Regards,

michal

Answers (0)