cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping of field for Importing of data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using standard repository for Vendor and Material in which , I have created some fields . I have already made some fields as required in Console .But at the time of import at import manager ,system is not restricting me if i have not mapped required field from source to destination field.

Could you please suggest me on the same.

Much thanks in advance

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

"Restricting user if the required fields are not mapped" is not catched in the current functionality of Import Manager.

Even in data manager we can add record with required field empty. I guees it is also a functionality issue in MDM.

Hope these issues will be rectified soon.

I just gave an alternate solution (using Workflow) to have the required field populated with values.

If the required field is not mapped with the source, while importing, the required field will have no input ie., equavivalent to adding a record with Recuired field empty. So if we create a validation and add it to a workflow then during import the validation will restrict the user from adding empty value to the required field.

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Yes you are right.

I tried the scenario and got the same result.

<i>system is not restricting me if i have not mapped required field from source to destination field.</i>

However, the task can be achieved using Workflow.

Create validation ISNOTNULL(Field) for the required field.

Assign the validation to the workflow Validation process.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Arun Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You had written about workflow where i have to place it with validation.As per my knowledge you are talking about workflow at data manager level with validation.

I am facing problem at Import manager level according to the requirnment system should stop user if all fields are not mapped to the desitanation and if they are configured required in Import manager.

Then only user will reach upto data manager level.

Thanks

Rohit