cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access SAP transaction via ITS under EP using Web Dynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I develop WD view, when user clicks a table row, I have to access an SAP transaction passing key parameter via ITS under Portal. Does anybody know step-by-step how to do that using Web Dynpro and ITS configuration?

Thanks any help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I assume that you are familiar with creating iViews and programming with WebDynpro. So the steps will give you the idea of acheiving your requirement.

If you require any technical details do let me know

Here are the steps.

1. Create a SAP Transaction iView or an Internet Application Component iView (whichever you find convenient). While creating you can select whether you want to use SAP GUI for windows or SAP GUI for HTML. For the latter(GUI for HTML) ensure that your ITS is working fine and configured while creating the system in EP.

2. Open the properties of the SAP transaction iView created. In the OK code field you can give the ok code value just as you give in SAP R/3 in case you want to navigate to the second screen of SAP R/3 when you pass values from WebDynpro.

Example for the above would be say Transaction "VA03" for displaying Sales order. Suppose from Webdynpro i want to pass a parameter called "Order number" and when i click a button it should pass the order number to R/3 and skip the first screen required for inputting the sales order numbe.

It should directly go to the main display of sales order for that ordernumber.

3. Create your WebDynpro component and deploy it on the server. In your WebDynpro use the WDPortalNavigation.absolute() method and give the url of the SAP Transaction iView created as a parameter and also the required parameters that you would like to pass from WebDynpro.

4.Create a SAP WebDynpro iView in the Portal.

5. Now run the Component. It should open up your SAP Transaction iview.

I guess that is what you are looking for. If you require some clarification do let me know.

regards

ravi

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) What is the advantage of using ITS ?

2) If I understood good the steps, I have to create a SAP transaction iView in my Portal. I have to obtain its URL in my webdynpro and call WDPortalNavigation.absolute() method. Is it right ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Yes that is it. You will have to pass the parameters to the WDPortalNavigate.absolute() method. But i dont know what requirement would that be :). Anyway it is a solution.

regards

ravi

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you tell me how to get the URL of the SAP transaction iView ?

You say "Anyway it is a solution" : are there others ?

Thanks,

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Well in the Portal when you click on the iView under Content Administration you will get the URL under Quick Links at the bottom. Or you will be able to get the URL also from the properties of the iView.

I dont think there is any other way.

regards

Ravi

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

The EP team created iView but they don't know how to setup passing parameters via OK code. Could you please explain a little bit more detail how to setup in SAP trsansaction iView the passing parameter and skip the first screen? (My transaction is CLM3 and I want to inform the notificarion number and skip the first screen by Web Dynpro). Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to SAP Transaction iView properties. Select the property called OK Code. Suppose the ok code in SAP for the first screen is "=". Then enter this "=" value in the okCode property of the iView.

In your WebDynpro code using the following

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("path to the iview","","",<parameter1=value1>&<parameter2=value2>)

parameter1 = screen field name as in SAP.

In your case it would be

"RIWO00-QONUM=1234556"

So the above call from WebDynpro would be something like

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES://pcd:portal_content/Folder_Name/SubFolderName/<Name of Iview",WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,
"MyWindowFeatures (if any) or leave it as blank",
"MyWindowName",WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.Allow_Duplications,"MyTargetTitle","MyContextURL",
"RIWO00-QONUM=1234556");

I dont remember if you require to pass the value <b>RIWO00-QONUM=1234556</b> in quotes. Check and let me know.

The okcode for Display claims i guess is "=ente". You can enter this value in the okcode property of your iView.

This should help you. Check the syntax. I dont have the system in front of me. So i have just give you the approximate code.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you require something more.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Now it works! Thank you very much.

I put "RIWO00-QMNUM=300001990" in Web Dynpro passing parameter and I asked EP team to put MELD as OK code in SAP Transaction iView properties. (I found the OK code = MELD debugging SAP R/3 system). Now it skips the CLM3 first screen perfectly.

Regards.

Chang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anyone done any comparitive study of BSP Vs ITS for providing access to SAP Transactions on the web? With details which is faster etc...?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi. I delivered your advice to EP team. Problem solved.

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I just wanted to ask a simple question.

Why do I have to create a SAP iView in my Portal ? Maybe I can call a SAP transaction without creating a SAP iView in the Portal....like in the DynPages....the old fashion.

Thanks for your attention.