cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change properties in Visual Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ve got such problem that when I change some property in Visual Admin for example in ume the property value become italic. Then I save the properties and restart server. And the problem is that after restart my changes didnt take any effect. And the values of properties are still in italic when I checked it in Visual Admin again.

I think that its maybe beacuse of fact that my Administrator account has been locked and I had to change password and unlock the account using SAP* user.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michael

When you make some changes in the visual admin, make sure that you Save the settings and exit the visual admin and then restart. If the same user exists in ABAP engine also, make sure that you change there also.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It`s strange but when I tried to change the property in Visual Administrator the change didn`t take effect. When I checked it in config tool the value of property was out of date. But once I changed this value in config tool and restarted cluster the change took effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Are you clicking the "Set" button and also the "Save" button after making the change? Both are required to save the change. If you have done this then the change has been committed to the VA.

The italic just indicates a custom property. The user should not make a difference. If you feel that the VA is different than the config then you might want to cross check with the configtool properties and the instance.properties file to see where the discrepancy is.

-jwise