cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look up api's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have gone through all the below available weblogs on look up api.......but none of them explained my question

• XI Mapping lookups RFC API, by Michal the-never-sleepin' Krawczyk,

• Lookup's in XI made simpler, by Siva Maranani,

• Use this crazy piece for any RFC Mapping Lookups, by Sravya Talanki

• Making CSV File Lookup Possible In SAP XI !!!, by Sundararamaprasad.

*SAP XI Lookup API: the Killer

What I got from these weblogs is we got to create a UDF and communication channel. This UDF Code will get the data from look-up database by using that communication channel ?? In this regard I have few queries.

To access the look-up database communication channel itself is sufficient ?? It won't need it's presence in SLD ?? Is it won't require any interface ?? since communication is synchronous ..........just communication channel definition itself is sufficient ??

Any material link with complete configuration steps is higly appreicated.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

<i>To access the look-up database communication channel itself is sufficient ??</i>

Yes. Only the respective communication channel is sufficeint for doing lookup.

<i> It won't need it's presence in SLD ??</i> No

<i>Is it won't require any interface ??</i> No

<i>since communication is synchronous ..........just communication channel definition itself is sufficient ??</i>

You dont need any interfaces for doing a lookup. Just a communication channel itself is sufficient.

Use this simple weblog and practice yourself on this:

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Satish's reply, this Receiver JDBC adapter should be an independent adapter and should not be involved / used in any Receiver Agreements.

In the UDF< you are providing the SQL qeury to be executed and the JDBC adapter is the means in which the connection is made and the query executed.

Regards

Bhavesh