cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value mapping replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have interface under SWCV sap basis 6.40 for replicating the data into runtime cache of IE. Probably to replicate the data by using this interface we have to write some proxy code and when we execute that the data will come to runtime cache of IE. The same thing is explained in the below given weblog

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

But my doubt is ......it's fine the data exist in runtime cache of IE if we do all the above steps. But how our mapping will use that cache data without configuring anythign ?? Basically I am not aware of if anything to be configured to use that runtime cache of IE. Could you please tell me how our mapping will use that runtime cache data ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palnati !

Value mapping replication consists of 2 scenarios, the first one: Your data source -> XI Cache, using XI as broker and also as destination. The second one, is your real scenario that uses the ValueMapping function in graphical mapping for convert input values to output values using the part of the cache you previously filled in. The ValueMapping needs as input the Agency and Scheme that you defined while filling the Cache...so that is what you have to configure to establish the relationship between the data you put in the cache and the value mapping conversion during mapping.

If it is not clear, please ask.

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias !! Thanks for your reply ! Here I am not manually filling the cache......rather I am bringing the data using the sap provided interface that is available under SWCV basis 6,40. (Interface name is valuemapping replication). Basically I am bringing the data through proxy from r/3 system. The same proceddure can be found using the weblog link that I provided.

So in my case even I if I use value mapping function ........agency, scheme. on what basis my value mapping function will pick the data from my runtime cache which was brought through interface provided by sap under SWCV basis 6.40

thanks

kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You use this data with the function ValueMapping in the message mapping (under category Conversions).

See also http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/c4cdfc334824478090739c04c4a249/content.htm

Kind regards,

Koen