cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import stuff from SLD to Integration Builder ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have done all my definition and configuration in SLD - Product definiton, Technical System, Business system, SWCV , SWC , logical system - everything is in SDL.

When I go to' IB:design' and 'IB:config' I don't see anything I created in SLD?

I guess this is because the very next step should be to import all this stuff from SLD into Integration Builder.?.I read some posts on the forum but it is not clear where this is done :

1.should I do it first in IB:design or in IB:configuration ?

Can you please tell me how this is done technically and in what order - from wich menu and how?

2.And what is Enviroment->Clear SLD Data Cache used ? Do I have to use it and at which point?

Looking forward to your reply asap..Thanks all in advance..

Regards,

Boby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boby,

If you do all the configuration in SLD only thing you have to import is the software component into Design and create your namespace and all the objects.

In Configuration you have to import your business systems and do all the routing rules.

Check this weblogs for step by step procedure for an end to end scenario:

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-ii

<i>

2.And what is Enviroment->Clear SLD Data Cache used ? Do I have to use it and at which point?</i>

If you change anything in IR and ID and this new changes do not reflect in your scenario then we do this normally.

Also check this document for all the caches in XI:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0332b2a-eb97-2910-b6ba-dbe52a01...

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you very much for your extremelly helpful answer!! The blogs you gave me contained exactly the procedure I was looking for ! I will go ahaed and try it and let you know about any issues or the final result..My scenario is a little different from the explained in the blogs since I am sending Idocs from r/3 to xi and in SLD i used third party . But I guess the importing from SLD part will be same type...as the one in step 7 from the blog.B.t.w you said :

....If you do all the configuration in SLD ONLY thing you have to import is the software component into Design and create your namespace and all the objects...

Question: Does your statement mean that you can aslo do configurations somewere else place other then SLD?

So if you are familiar with this initial important steps- please stay tuned for the result, you can be a great help for me when i hit a stone like this)

Thanks and Regards,

Boby

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>scenario is a little different from the explained in the blogs since I am sending Idocs from r/3 to xi and in SLD i used third party

Why are you using a third party system for a SAP system? Create a Technical system of type Web AS ABAP.

>>Does your statement mean that you can aslo do configurations somewere else place other then SLD?

If you mean to ask, can these objects created/maintained any where else, then the answer is no.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai ,

Thanks for your interest ! Yes , you arised interesting question. - why third party system for technical system??

Look this link :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4ac372c...

The author explained in the very beginning the in SLD for this example will be used third party tehcnical system....Why , i dont know ?! Do you ?

Actaully can you tell me in wich cases in the practice we use 3d party in SLD for thechnical system , what is its meening...Of course any advise or direction about how to correctly do the example in this scenario(see the link) will be very helpful! Thanks!

Regards,

Boby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Third party Technical systems are created for systems like File, DB, Webservice which do not fall under Web AS ABAP or Web AS JAVA systems.

In real time, we use a Technical sysetm of type Web AS ABAP for SAP systems.

Regards,

Jai Shankar