cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating BC sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

In which client should BC sets be activated?

This is our environment:

SolMan Development: SMD client 001

SolMan Production: SMP client 001

Which client should the BC set be activated in 000 or 001?

It is not clear from note 903528 if we are supposed to activate the BC set in client 000 or the config client 001.

SAP Netweaver online help says “BC Sets should only be activated in the system in which you make the Customizing settings.” However note 903528 says “Create a piece list (transaction SE01) or a transport request (transaction SE09) in the source client of your Solution Manager system (client 000)… Use transaction SCC1 to import the data in your Solution Manager clients.”

When I activate a BC set it creates a transport request. Does this request or the piece list mentioned above get transported to production?

Also, depending on which client I activate the BC set it in, what should I do for the transport to production?

If I activate the BC set in SMD 000, should I transport the piece list or the request to SMP? Would I then need to do SCC1 from 000 to 001 in production SMP?

If I activate the BC set in SMD 001, do I still create the piece list in 000?

Should I transport the piece list or the request to SMP?

Do I need to change production to non-production in SCC4 before importing a piece or request? (I assume this is only required in the system where the BC set is actually activated but the documentation is not clear.)

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this. Thank you,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI David ,

You shpuld activate the BC sets in the client in which you are doing the customizing for your scenario.i.e if your are configuring service desk in client 100 then you have to activate them in the same client.As for creating a piece list or a transport request in the source client you need to create a TR in client 000 and paste then content of file SOLMAN40_ISTR_003.txt in the TR and import it into the customizing client through SCC1.I did this step during the configuration of service desk on our SOL MAN 4.0 system.

Regarding changing production to non-production in SCC4 ,you won't be able to activate BC sets in a client whose status is production(Client 000) and hence you should activate BC sets in client other than 000.You should infact do a client copy by choosing

Source: Client as 000 and

Source Client User Masters as 001.

Reward points if helpful

Best Regards

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

That is helpful; I will activate the BC set in 001.

However I still have the transport questions.

If I activate the BC set in development SMD client 001 and create the piece list in SMD client 000, do I then import the piece list back into SMD client 001?

What gets transported to production SMP, the transports that were created while activating the BC set or the piece list created in SMD client 000? Thanks again.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI David ,

That's right.You have to create the piecelist in client SMD 000 and then import the same to SMD client 001 through transaction SCC1.

Now regarding transport to production SMP, the transports created during the activation of the BC sets have to transported to the production SMP.The piecelist created in SMD 000 should also be transported to replicate the changes to production.But before doing these steps check your scenario in development thoroughly.

Reward points for helpful answer

Best Regards

Amit