cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained condition records for a condition type for eg on 01.01.2007 past date and order made on that date, but now i have changed the record on 01.05.2007 and now i want to make invoice as of today, System will pick which date? As standard system has to pick active record as of today.

Pls any one can help me where might be the problem how to overcome the issue?

System has to pick active current record for that what should i do?

Appreciate anyones' early reply

Rgds

Jack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It pure depends on the configuration of copy control. Maintain the pricing type such that it meets your requirement.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You define the pricing type in copying control. Controlling is carried out in SD Customizing via Billing > Billing documents > Maintain copying control for billing documents, Navigation Item, field: Pricing determination type.

Here use " B " - Carry out new pricing

With this pricing type, the system:

redetermines pricing. The system determines valid pricing elements at the time of billing and uses those elements to determine the prices, surcharges and discounts.

For instance, the customer may be entitled to a special price after the sales order has been created. The system would then determine the relevant pricing element for this instance and find the valid price.

If the delivery quantity differs from the order quantity, the system determines the price, surcharges and discounts on the basis of the delivery quantity, according to the scales valid at the time of billing.

redetermines the taxes.

Invoice B. At the time of billing, there is a new price list and a new discount for March. The system uses this price list with the rate for 10 pieces to determine a material price of $10.50 per piece. It also determines a 2% discount. The system does not copy the manual surcharge or discount into the billing document since it is carrying out new pricing. The surcharge or discount entered manually in the order is not copied to the billing document, since pricing is carried out again.

Hope it adds.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack!

It is controlled by copy control function. Generally pricing deta picked from sales order. If you want new pricing carried out for your sales order which has been created earlier date then you Go to tcode VTFL> select source delivery type and target Billing type then select item from dialog strugture at left side of the screen then select your Item category (carfully your item category only) go to details screen. I pricing type field you can set what kind of pricing type you need. Ex:

Pricing type

Specifies how the system treats pricing data when copying documents.

At the time of billing, the following pricing types are possible:

A: Copy pricing elements and update according to scale. The system

does not determine any new condition types

redetermines the scale prices for changed delivery quantities

B: Carry out completely new pricing. The system

carries out a completely new pricing (manually entered pricing elements are not copied from the reference document)

redetermines the taxes

C: Copy manual pricing elements and carry out a new pricing

for the others. The system

carries out a new pricing

copies the manually entered pricing elements

redetermines the taxes

Note: You must ensure that all the condition types which can be changed manually are marked with "C" in the "Manual entries" field in the "Changes which can be made screen section. Otherwise, the conditions (both the automatically and the the manually entered ones) could be duplicated and both be active simultaneously.

😧 Copy pricing elements unchanged. The system

copies the pricing elements unchanged with automatically determined or manually entered surcharges and discounts from the reference document (scales are not read again). This means that the value remains unchanged even if the billing quantity is different to the order quantity. etc..

But be careful system will redetermine some of the conditions( That is explained in the help). Select carefully.

Reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have defined in your copy control settings as carry out new pricing while copy from sales to billing documents, or delivery to billing documents, then the system will take the record present on this date.

In short just check out the copy control settings For the Pricing type at item level. have made in

VTLF

VTAF Etc

deepak.