cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipeline steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are 6 pipeline steps and that all are known to us. But could you please tell me which steps will add in case of synchronous messages ........apart from the normal 6 steps ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Check this weblog for full details on how a message flows in XI:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

I have gone through the weblog that you mentioned. It talks abt the message flow only from picking the message from sender system and upto putting the message into receiver system. It won't talk abt the pipeline steps that are executed.

We all know that if message flow takes place through IE pipeline totally6 steps will be executed. So it mean it is for one way communication (asynchronous). So I would like to confirm for synchronous communication how the pipeline steps will be executed ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

You will not have any difference between these two. The only difference you will have is the response message mapping. Rest everything is same.

Check this weblog on point 16 of how it looks:

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

I have gone thorugh the link that you provided. I am sorry ......In 16th step the slide has very bad resolution and I am not able to get anything. Could you please tell me what you are trying to explain ??

thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

in addition to the usual ones,u will get an extra entry in sxmb_moni for the response.

the pipeline steps are pretty much the same,only few new entries will be made for sync scenario

thanx

ahmad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi panati ,

A response step is added for synchronous apart from normal steps...

Response messages are processed using <b>backward pipelines </b>. These pipelines are defined for each pipeline involved in the processing of a request message:

Regards,

Ashwin M

Note: Reward if useful