cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material is not maintained in purchasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I created two material using templates and then created PO, when i save it it shows error that metrial is not maintained in purchasing. When i click on error it shows procedure that it an be maintained in MMR, but i could not find in MMR.

Please any one can advice me how i can maintained material purchaing or what the excect error is.

Thanks

Rajesh

<Post was updated by moderator>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

hi,

go to transaction code MM01 and enter the material number , type, ans select the purchasing view in the data field,and maintain the values and save it . it will give you a prompt saying material is extended.

please reward points if it is helpful

Regards,

Murali

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you have to extend your material for purchasing view by using transection code MM01.Just enter material code in first screen & then select purchasing view & enter.It will go in to purchasing view screen ,,,,,enter all revant data & then save.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Create Mode od material Master: MM01 Enter the material code & enter the same in Reference material & enter. In the next step select Purchasing, as it refers to not have maintained & enter Organization data & enter. Now maintain Purchasing Tab page.

This process in SAP is known as Extending Material Master. You can extend the material master for adding Views not maintained, also for extending material to another plant or combination of Sales Org & Distribution Channel, & so on ...

Hope this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

once you created material with out purchasing view...its not possible to put purchasing view in the same material... so you need to create a new material once again with purchasing view....

Regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to transaction MM50 and enter the material, maintain status as 'E' then execute, system automatically extend material purchasing.

Please provide any reward points if you feel answer is solving your problem.

Regards

Gautam