cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Parameters from Scheduler to a Business Logic tranaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any tips or tricks regarding passing a value from the xMII Scheduler to a Business Logic Transaction Property.

I can see the property in the Parameters section of the Scheduler, and I can enter a value against it. But it doesn't ever reach the BL Transaction when the transaction is triggered.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I am on xMII version 11.5.2 b64. I have tried passing simple string parameter to transaction through the scheduler and I was sucessfull in doing so. Are you also trying to pass a simple datatype like string or are you trying to send XML or date?

Can you please describe you requirement in more detail so that I can help you.

Regards

Deepak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

There have been a few parameter passing changes made to the scheduler in some of the 11.5.x service releases, and Note #1027407 mentions that 'On scheduled transactions a blank value is no longer being passed for the default transaction property values." It may be possible that your particular version required all parameters to be defined to the BLS transaction. Does the transaction in the scheduler have multiple input parameters?

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm on 11.5.1 b54

Created a simple BL transaction that contains one string Transaction Property.

I have one action block that has a text saver action that links the Transaction Property to the StringContent property of the action and saves the file.

If I configure the Transaction Property with some text and then execute the BL transaction, the text appears in the file created by the text saver.

If I configure a scheduled job, enter text against the property in the scheduler and then run the job, the text configured in the BL transaction property (not the text in the scheduler) appears in the file.

If I delete the text from the Transaction Property and run the job, no text appears in the file.

Should I be able to pass a simple text string to a transaction property on this version of xMII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there might have been a bug around this in build 54. Try going to build 66.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you on 11.5 SR3? If so, please enter a CSS bug report - maybe there's something not working properly...