Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to flat file without XML conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to implement a scenario like this:

IDOC --> XI --> flat file

The flat file has to have the IDOC structure as you have when you write an IDOC to the R/3 file port. But we want to have this process running through XI.

When you use the IDOC Adapter the IDOC is converted to XML first, which is time consuming. So this I want to skip this step.

So is it possible to receive the IDOC directly in XI without converting it to XML? How should this process be designed.

Ron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ron

Looks like you need IDOC tunneling. It is possible by making a configuration parameter.

You can find more information in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm

While you try it, I will try to simulate this requirement in our system and let you know the result.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for your response. I think this is the option I was looking for.

However, I changed the configuration parameter (option 2)and when I send a new IDOC I still see it as XML document in transaction IDX5. So I think it is still converting the IDOC to XML.

Any suggestions?

Ron

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As Michele says and as you can read in help.sap.com you must use IDOC XML because : "The IDoc adapter converts the IDocs to IDoc XML format so that they can be processed by the Integration Server pipeline."

Please read my first post and come back if you need more information !

Regards,

Chris

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, i've found it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just wanted to send the link to you

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcu,

can you send me teh document? Mail: Yalcin.Kilic@unilog.de

THX

Y.Kilic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please also send me the link or the document?

We have the same problem.

dimitri.sannen@gedis.be

Thank you.

Dimitri Sannen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Here the link: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-how-to-guide... to convert between idoc and xml in xi 3.0.pdf

Regards.

Mickael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks....

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Where can I find this document ?

Nir.

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can create a mapping that doing it.

Use the FM : IDX_XML_TO_IDOC to transform your XML IDOC in IDOC table and create a new XML message based on this structure : <row><data>XXX</data></row><row><data>XXX</data>

Then use file adapter to write each "<data>" lines.

Regards,

Chris

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't remerber where I find this PDF (perhaps in SDN) but there is one PDF file that explain exactly what you want to do.

Its name : HowTo_IDoc_XML_To_Flat.pdf

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chistoph,

I do have this document. We do it that way now.

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you want to map from an IDOC Structure to a file structure, you cannot execute this scenario without conversion to XML.

As the internal format of XI is XML (SOAP) all incoming messages have to be converted to XML for the subsequent steps (mapping, receiver determination etc.), from the corresponding adapters.

This is the task of adapters.

In your scenario, you cannot switch off the XML Conversion.

regards,

Michele