cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow of tables informaion between sap and java

Former Member
0 Kudos

How should i pass the table information from sap to java.

and how to process the data of a table in the java program. i had seen the examples of JCO. BUT I IS VERY CONFUSING (BCOZ I DON'T KNOW JAVA).

PLZ IF U DON'T MIND SEND ME CODE SNIPPET TO

1.GET THE TABLE INTO THE JAVA PROGRAM

2.PROCESSING THE TABLE INFORMATION IN JAVA PROGRAM

3.MODIFYING THE TABLE INFORMATION IN JAVA PROGRAM

4.SENDING BACK THE TABLE TO SAP FROM JAVA PROGRAM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Please go through the below thread which will be helpful,

Thanks,

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I´ve got the same Problem. I want to send a table form SAP BW to an Java Engine (Server). And after working with the data, a resolution table is send back to the SAP. Do you found a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,Kondani

as JCO offers both Client side and server Side programming.

you can use JCO to connect SAP ABAP.outbound and inbound.

1) JCO example 5 is about Server side programming java code. And you can see the data mapping is this example.And you must use sm59 to define the connections in SAP before you start.

2) example 1 is about client side programming.

try example 1 first. you can get a table from SAP using BAPI.

Lots of JCO weblog you can see here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/search.sdn?contenttype=url&query=jco&selected=9&content=/irj/servlet/prt...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you need to understand the Util package in Java... Which can be imported using java.util.*;

The best available util package is either Vectors(for synchronization issues) or Arraylist( if no synchronization is required). Both these lists can be used to store the objects from the tables as String objects.

Or to avoid all this confusion you can simply use a multi dimensonal Arrays(depends on the size of table you are importing from SAP).

1,4) can be achived using the JCO library importtable.

2,3) can be performed using the type of option,design you use to solve the problem ( code snippet can be found searching google for table processing in Java)

Ravi Dasari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Have you installed IPC and customized any of the code ?

- Venu