cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 9.2.0.7 Enterprise Versus Workgroup

former_member622199
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I've installed SAP on my DEV QA and Prod environments. There is one Central Instance Server and 1 DB server. I've used the same media from each install. The question is: WHen I log into SQL*Plus on the Prod enviromnet and select from the v$version I get the following. Why would I show 2 different types of Oracle install from the same media?? Functionally its not a big deal except with RMAN, but it is curious. <b>A free coke to anyone who can crack it.</b>

Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production

PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production

CORE 9.2.0.7.0 Production

TNS for Linux: Version 9.2.0.7.0 - Production

NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.7.0 - Production

When I log into Dev or QA I get this:

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production

PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production

CORE 9.2.0.7.0 Production

TNS for Linux: Version 9.2.0.7.0 - Production

NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.7.0 - Production

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you sure that you have chosen the exact same options when installing Oracle?

you should use script SAPSERVER.CMD . this will install all needed options without having you to choose options.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member622199
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Well, I thought I had not chosed the Workgroup Edition. I guess my only recourse is to back up the system and reinstall again. Anyone else care to render a guess?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can run Oracle installer again and add options. this will works but you will also need to re-apply all patches.

so, your best option is to uninstall Oracle and re-install it with SAPSERVER.CMD... then install all patches.