cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install MI Client + CrEmE in SD Card

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried install CrEmE and MI Client in SD Card, but withou success... It's a Generic Sync App.

What's happen?

Regards,

Bruno

Message was edited by:

Bruno Ambrozio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Refer the steps mentioned below for MI Client + CreMe on SD Card.....

Installing MI and data on SD ROM:

1. Copy the CrEme cab and the MI cab on to the device and install them. Register the MI Client.

2. Assign the application/addons/patches to the device, sync to get the appliation along with the data.

3. Move the CrEme folder present in WindowsCrEme to the SD Card directory.

4. Move the MI folder to SD Card directory.

5. Move the following dlls present in Windows to SD CardCrEme in

• CryptoPlugin.dll

• DB2e.dll

• DB2eJDBC.dll

• gfw.dll

• gfwconf.dll

• jscp.dll

• jscpconf.dll

• License.dll

6.Edit the crème_listOfJars.txt which is present in SD CardMI, change all the paths which are present in it to point to the new path. eg. MIlib ME.jar to SD CardMIlibME.jar. Also add a ‘ (quote) after -classpath and also at the end.

ie. –classpath ‘SD CardMIlibMDSD2.0CD.jar;SD CardMIlibdb2ejdbc.jar;SD CardMIlibME.jar;’

7.Move the MobileEngine.lnk file present in WindowsStartUp to SD Card

8. Edit MobileEngine.lnk file. The new content should be as given below:

255#"SD CardCrEme inCrEme.exe" -Of -ml 64000 -bcp 'SD CardMIlibSapBigDecimal.jar' -cf 'SD CardMI

lfont.txt' -cf 'SD CardMIcreme_listOfJars.txt' com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup '-home:/SD Card/MI'

9. Click on the MobileEngine.lnk file

10.CreMe and MI should load.

Best Regards,

Amith.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

I will do the configurations and i answer with the result.

Thanks for help.

Regards,

Bruno

Message was edited by:

Bruno Ambrozio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

MI client can be installed in SD card, but the performance will be low.

refer to these links, might be helpful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d4/930041e9c5f06fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi Holla ,

The link says that is possible install MI in Compact Flash(CF), but don't in Secure Digital Memory (SD)... Our devices have SD cards...

"The installation is only possible with CF cards, and not with Secure Digital Memory cards (SD cards)."

I've other doubt..... The same device will be used for various users... There is a way to all users utility the same installation of application, without need associating the application for each user?

Regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

MI does not support SD cards, it only supports CF cards.

Regarding the application, each user has to be associated with the application because a unique id is created for the user + application. During communication this id is used to map the data with the user + application, this is the only way to differenciate the data. That is why we need to associate the application for each user.

Hope it is clear.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Karthik ...

But... Isn't there a way to flag the app to be used for all users that logging in the MI Client? I know that is mandatory sincronize the user to MI Server asssociate him with the DEVICE ID, but, i think that there is a way to don't need associate the app with the user, once that the app already is installed in MI Client...

Regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Every user must be associated with the application. It is possible for applications to use a seperated data store ie. a different database for each of the user data. For this each user must be associated to the application. When a user is associated to an app a conversation id is created. When the device sync the data is sent to the middleware, it is only through this conversation id will the middleware know to which user the data belows to. Remember installation of the application only happens once, only the user association takes place when the application is assigned to the user.

Hope this is clear.

Best Regards,

Karthik