cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IllegalAccessError when using a model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm receiving the following error when I deploy my Web Dynpro app to my local engine, however a coworker can deploy my exact same code and NOT get the error:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.fecorp.wdp.model.meter.streethelp.ZC_DM_MIS_STREET_DROPDOWN_model.wdGetStaticMetadataCache()Lcom/sap/tc/webdynpro/modelimpl/dynamicrfc/DynamicRFCModel$MetadataCache; from class com.fecorp.wdp.model.meter.streethelp.Zc_Dm_Mis_Street_Dropdown_Input

Some background information:

The app is in its own DC, and what I'm trying to do is add some OVS help to some of the fields on the app. Because they are for fields that other web dynpro apps will need, we put the custom controller for the OVS into another DC so it can be shared.

All of our models (because they can also be used by multiple apps) are in yet another DC. So, that makes 3 DCs that need to be deployed in order to get one app to work - all three HAVE been deployed to my local engine

Any ideas on what might be causing this problem? There are three of us here at my company that have tried to deploy this code on our local engines, it works for one person, but not the other two of us.

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to provide.

(I <b>will</b> reward points for all helpful answers!)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jennifer,

this error occurs in the Software Delivery Manager (SDM) during deployment of Java applications on the SAP J2EE Engine.

it occurs most of the times because of incompatability in a jar file.

refer SAP Note 514156 hope it will be helpful

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... I saw that note before, but I didn't think it applied... regardless, I took another look at it now, because I'm willing to try anything at this point!

The note mentions that I should copy the inqmyxml.jar file from the deploying/lib subdirectory of the J2EE installation directory into the lib subdirectory of the SDM. The thing is, I don't HAVE that jar file in my deploying/lib directory.

Not sure if it matters, but if I remove the code in the wdDoInit method of my view that actually invokes the OVS listener, I can deploy and run my app just fine, so it's definitely something with this OVS stuff.

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jennifer,

as you said it works for one team member, but not for rest of you...

seems some missing configuration on server(not sure).

for that particular OVS stuff it may require the jar file, so when u commented that code it didnt seek the file and didnt throw error.

try finding the file on your other team members machine where it has run successfully...or just peep into his settings of server..

hope it helps

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately he's not here today, so I can't look and see what he's got right now, but...

I have already verified that the jar file that contains the model (I'm assuming that's "the jar file" you're referring to, since the error obviously implies that it's getting to the OVS code fine, it just can't seem to get to the model class) has been deployed to my engine.

I even opened it up to verify that the model class was actually in there, too.

If that's not the jar file you refer to, which one should I be looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, I really don't know WHY it suddenly started working, but it did.

All I did was comment out all the code, but this time I only commented out half the code, ran it again, got a different error, then went and tested my Jco Connections - they worked - then I uncommented the code and redeployed and suddenly everything worked...

I have no idea why that "fixed" it.

Thanks for trying to help!

Answers (0)