cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jnet / Jgantt - where to place images?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am developing a WebDynpro 4J component that uses Network UI component to render / edit org charts. All works fine but now I need to display icons in the nodes but I cannot figure out where shall I place these images.

In my XML file passed to Jnet I have something like the code below taken from SAP examples...

<type name="OCLabelChief" inherits="OCLabelBase">
<icon space="5"><b>apps/orgchart/chief.gif</b></icon> 
</type>

but where shall I phisically place the pic? I can't see any HTTP request generated from the client.

I am referring to the incomplete Jnet documentation at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/lw/uuid/f010ec31-9658-2910-3c83-c6e62904eceb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out by myself by tracing the client applet.

I can create a jar file (ex. myicons.jar) containing chief.gif in folder com/sap/jnet/apps/orgchart and supply this jar as additionalResources property of the Network GUI element (not that this is not documented).

The jar file must be placed under the mime folder of the same webdynpro component so that Jnet applet can retrieve it during start up.

I would not recommend to retrieve the icon via HTTP because the URL must contain also the hostname/protocol: this makes it not transportable across the landscape.

It would be grate if SAP enriches / completes the documentation of Jnet/Jgantt as well as the Network / Gantt UI Elements.