cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error In Web Dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm the beginner in the Web Dynpro applications. I got the an error. Pls look into that and get me the solution.The error is

May 17, 2005 3:23:15 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Deploy Thread] ERROR:

Invitation.ear -> Deployment aborted

Reason:

Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

</b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you installed WAS 6.40, if not get it from http://service.sap.com ot http://sdn.sap.com incase it is installed is it local or remote

you have to specify the server host in NWDS as mentioned by other posts if it is local mention local if it is remote <servername>, indicate port as 3601, new in windows show view -> j2ee enginee -> you will see

Dispatcher

SDM

Server should show Green signal .. now you are ready tobuild and run applications..

hopw this helped you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naidu,

There are two possibilities.

One is as described in above posts where you have to set your J2EE server.

second is to check whether specified J2EE server is up and running.

You can check this by opening J2EE engine view from Windows->show view->J2EE Engine.

If it shows dispacher, sdm and server0 instances as green means server is up and running. otherwise start your J2EE server.

If it works then don't forget to reward points

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your NetWeaver Developer Studio (NDS)

1. Click Windows --> Preferences --> SAP J2EE Engine

2. Enter the SDM host

3. Message Server port

Try deploying it.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to Windows>Preferences>J2EE Engine settings and enter your Message Server Host name as "Machine Name where your WEBAS is running" and port as 36<J2EE instance number + 1> For example if your Port number is 50000 then your Message server port would be 3601.

If it is 50100 then your Messager server port would be 3602.

P.S : The points if awarded should be given to Santhosh :).

Regards

ravi