cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring / Analysing Table Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monitoring / Analyzing of table changes is a part of some audit requirements. The actual activating of table logging is easy, however i am confused as to how you can effectively monitor table changes in a Productive system.

For example there would be probably hundreds/thousands/millions of changes to many tables in the system so this is the first problem. But how do we even know which tables are "should" be looked at?

I think this most likely has to be at the discretion of the organization involved, but then how can this possibly be a definite audit requirement if you can define your own "requirements"?

Any input or comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashley,

First of all a pre requesite for analysing table changes is that the value of profile parameter rec/client should be set to the client(s) for which this table logging activitiy needs to be done.

Next in technical settings for the table the check box LOG DATA CHANGES should be checked.

Now for standard SAP tables this check box will come checked /unchecked along with the package. Ideally you wont need to make changes to this.

For custom tables you need to take a decision on basis of criticality.Dont log every table because this will also occupy a lot of space. For customising tables it is not needed since changes can not be made in production and can be made in development environment only and need to be transported and using the transports you can track who made the changes.

For lot of transactional data change logs option will be available with in the transaction.

Report RSTBHIST, Tables CDHDR and CDPOS can also be used for this activity.

Please award points for useful answers.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi not what i was after, i fully understand the technical implementation and usage of table logging.

As i stated originally it is the practice or process of monitoring vast amounts of table changes which i am concerned with.

Thanks anyway

Regards