Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing OS Command in an FTP Server

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have an option of "Run OS Command " in the receiver file adapter.

Can some one please tell whether it is possible to use this option for EXECUTING OS COMMANDS THROUGH AN FTP SERVER.

In My scenario i need to create a file in a location (FTP Server) and that file is immediately transferred to someother location from there. If the file is large say of 2 MB then there is a possiblity that the file is moved even before it is completely created.

If say there is rule like all files having the name ABC are immediately picked up and transferred ..I need to create a file with the name ABC_Temp and then in the option of Run OS System Command After Message Processing i need to rename the file to ABC.

How do a rename a file with in this scenario with the FTP service.

Please suggest.

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Taunki,

on FTP server create perl/sheel script to perform this job and then call this job either from CRON or from communication channel depending your scenario.

You can mail me describing scenario then maybe I can help you.

Regards,

Gourav

-

<i>Reward points if it helps you</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

i guess u need to write a Unix shell script to do this.

if u dont want to use Unix then u can create one more simple File to File scenario. without any IR objects . and rename the file as per ur wish in the receiver adapter.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Thanx

Ahmad