cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Mobile Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a mobile application in NWDS, but i am unable to export the application.

The error msg is "MI Client is not configured properly. The settings of Sync Gateway are missing"

I have installed MI Client on my machine and MI Server on differnet machine.

Pl suggest wat sre the settings i need to do.

Regards,

Kiran Joshua

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

After installing the MI Client, did you fill these entries (port, host, client and system) in Settings page?

And you have to sync to get the Device id

This problem occurs if the settings is not given in the Mi client.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

i have filled the entries in the settings page, now when i export i cudnt find anything happening but when i check the log

Error in data read access to mapping file C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\data\LastSuccessfulSync\datreg.obj - Generating initial mapping (root cause: C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\data\LastSuccessfulSync\datreg.obj (The system cannot find the file specified) [java.io.FileNotFoundException])

[20070511 10:23:09:867] E [AppLog/MDK_configExampleJSP] Application MDK_configExampleJSP cannot be initialized; check WebConsole entry

java.lang.RuntimeException: MDK_configExampleJSP cannot be started because there is no MSD for this application rowName

Pl suggest.

Regards,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Check whether the datreg.obj file is found under C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\data\LastSuccessfulSync?

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

There is no such file in the specified location.The folder is EMPTY.

Regards,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If I am not wrong, MDK_configExampleJSP is one of the examples given in the MDK. The error reported states that there is no MSD for the application. This error has happened because the MI registry in not updated .

Try this:

1. Log in to the webconsole.

2. Go to the 'Upload components' tab and check for the 'MDK_configExampleJSP'. In case it is not there, click on create components button and make the entry 'MDK_configExampleJSP. With component type as application, fill the remaining details and under the Browse option give the path of the location where your file is located.

3, Change.

4. Now in the Adminstrator tab assign it your user of the client device.

5. Sync from the client.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to MI

I am using MI7.0 SP9, Can you tell me how to login to Webconsole.

Regards,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Try this link

http://<server>:<port>/me/WebConsole/login

where server represents your MI server & port is where the J2EE service is running.

I would suggest to that you go through the MI Installation Guide available at service.sap.com before proceeding further.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

LastSuccessfulSync folder will be created when you Sync the MI client with the server to get the device id. But the log says java.io.FileNotFoundException, there is no datreg.obj found under LastSuccessfulSync folder.

Did you sync the client with server ?

Also MI7.0 SP9 doesn't have Webconsole and it has NWA(Netweaver Admin). Hence you have to use http://<server>:<port>/NWA/login

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Did you sync the client with server ?

How to do this....guide me in doing so

>>Also MI7.0 SP9 doesn't have Webconsole and it has NWA(Netweaver Admin).

Thank you , even i have read it somewhere that there is no webconsole for MI7.0

Cheers,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

When you log on to the client,you will find a mobile icon on the client. Click that icon and give your Synchronization password. After Sync you will get the Unique device id in Settings page.

I hope you would have given the host, port , client and System details in Settings page. If these details are not given Sync doesn't work.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

After doing the same as u said, following is the output

• Synchronization started

• Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://<server>:8001/sap/bc/MJC/mi_host?~sysid=c08&;

• Connection to server failed.

• cannot connect (java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)

BTW what will be the sync password, where actually do we set this

I just used "init" ...and it started the process and gave the above output.

guide me plz.

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Never disclosed your IP address on any public domain site.

Going back to your question:

Your sync pasword is the one with which you log into the MI Middleware.

Two suggestions:

1. Check whether the port number is correct.

2. Try this from your workbench

To test if synchronization is working without having to install the client (SAP MI Client Component), call the following URL in your browser:

http://<Server>:<Port>/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=<System

ID>&login=<Username>&password=<Password>&client=<Client>&language=<Language>&acknowledge=X&test=true&

If the test was successful, the browser displays a message containing a time that, for example, looks like:

&WAF_SYNC&STATUS=&Execution Time =103129& HeaderType =

MEREPLICATION &MORE_PACKAGES_WAITING = &

If the test fails, the system generates an error message.

In case of an error, please post it on the forum so that I can help you further.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

SAP MI Web Application Server Consists of J2EE Stack and ABAP Stack. J2EE stack Consists of WebConsole/NWA for deployment and manage application of a user. ABAP Stack Consists of SyncBO, MCD etc.

Your Sync password will be login password to NWA/ middleware. you have to create the user in the MI client in such way that,user should have the authorization to NWA. When you sync from Client, it will connect to the server taking the details from Settings page.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

When i typed the url with parameters, i got the response code as

"&WAF_SYNC&EXCEPTION_INFO_CODE=9&"

Regards,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Let me add to the above points and try to explain clearly..

Install the MI client.

Create new user and give the user name (Username should exist in middleware i.e.NWA and ABAP stack) and password (password can be anything).

Then click on setting and give all the details of the miidleware i.e port,host,wat is the system name etc...Make sure that all these details are correct.

AND SAVE IT.

Then click the sync button and give the syncronization password(this is the password which we login NWA (for a particular user) and ABAP stack (to access Syncbos).

When you sync it u should get a device ID (based on this device ID you can export the application to client and run the application.)

First of all make sure that you get a device ID after sync.

PS: Middleware SP level should always be greaterthan or equal to the client SPlevel.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

This synchronization test works only if you are using Sync Servlet but as you are on MI 7.0, there is no question of using Sync Servlet.

Instead you can check if the ICF services provided by MI has been activated or not. MI uses ABAP Sync Service instead of Sync Servlet in 7.0. Check if the mi_host service is activated or not in the middleware.

You can do this by following the steps below.

1. Start transaction SICF.

2. Enter MJC as the service name and choose Execute. The path default_host/sap/bc/MJC is opened.

3. Open the node MJC and right click the service mi_service, check whether it is activated. After this check for mi_host, whether it is activated.

Also, please check if the user has the authorization S_ME_SYNC.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Adding to Nameeta's point.

Once above mentioned steps are done.click on Test Service and you will be asked a windows prompt to enter your middleware user name and password for authentication. Once you are authenticated, a text MISYNC along with some XML parse errors will be displayed in your browser. Ignore the XML error and what is important is the text MISYNC being displayed in the browser. Now ABAP Sync Service is configured and this should solve your problem during synchronization.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Once you get the Device ID, you can check for Mobile ID as below

merep_pd Transaction> Mobile ID tab> F4 --> Give the Device GUID --> Exceute

Here you can see the Mobile ID for your Application and Framework

Hope this helps

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Guys for all the support.

Now i am able to synchronize but when i am searching for the device id in nwa error is thrown

"com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.BaseEJBException: Exception in method getList."

Note: will post a new thread for this

Regards,

Kiran Joshua

Answers (0)