Did you mean: 

Modify column-entries in table

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope I can explain, what I want

I have two bapis:

The first gives to an ID a list of the ID_Numbers of customers. I can use it in VC and to each ID there is a list of customers in a table.

But I don't want the IDs to be displayed, I want the names of the customers. Therefore I can use a second BAPI.

This second one can import one value (the customers ID) and gives the real name as output.

Now I want to combine this two BAPIs to get one table where all the customers names are listed. When I combine the BAPIs and put a table as the result of the second it only displays the name of the first ID.

Is there the possibility to use the first table and change each row with the help of the second BAPI? I haven't found a suitable solution in all the examples. Perhaps there is another simple (or not simple) way to get this work.

Best regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For such a case, I'd probably write a third BAPI that does the combination on the backend side. Is probably faster performance-wise than modeling that on the VC-side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Mario.

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario, hi Marcel,

> For such a case, I'd probably write a third BAPI that does the combination on the

> backend side. Is probably faster performance-wise than modeling that on the VC-side.

What a bummer

I guessed that this will be the adequate solution. Thanks for your quick answers!

By the way, a question which is in my mind for some days ago. Imagine you have a table based on a bapi were every row has an amount of money in a special currency (e.g. dollar). Then you want to <b>add a column</b> with your currency (e.g. EURO) which is calculated by a web-service. Can this be done with VC in a simple way?

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

this should be possible. Call your webservice then execute the BAPI and add a field to the table. In this field you add a formula like: @amount * @exchange_rate_from_webservice.

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

yes, that works with the right web-service. Easy but functional

First I tried to use one which gets the amount, converts it and gives you the result

Best regards,

Christian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> The first gives to an ID a list of the ID_Numbers of

> customers. I can use it in VC and to each ID there is

> a list of customers in a table.

> But I don't want the IDs to be displayed, I want the

> names of the customers. Therefore I can use a second

> BAPI.

If i understand correctly, BAPI1 has both ID and name, but you don't want the ID to be displayed in the table. So why can't you just set the column hide property = true? or had i misunderstood your requirement

> Now I want to combine this two BAPIs to get one table

> where all the customers names are listed. When I

> combine the BAPIs and put a table as the result of

> the second it only displays the name of the first

> ID.

Now regarding how Union works: Union combine output of multiple BAPIs into one table. It takes 2 data sources at input and give a combined result at ouput which can be fed to table.

Sooraj

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sooraj,

> If i understand correctly, BAPI1 has both ID and

> name, but you don't want the ID to be displayed in

> the table. So why can't you just set the column hide

> property = true? or had i misunderstood your

> requirement

Sorry, you have misunderstood

I have two bapis:

BAPI1 contains internal IDs (e.g. order_ids) and for each order there are the customers of this order. So the BAPI gets the order ID as input and gives a list of customer IDs as output.

BAPI2 is used to get the customers name for a customer ID. So input is the customer ID and output is the real name. It can only get one ID as input and one name as output!

In VC I have BAPI1 and a table which lists the customer IDs for a selected order. But instead this table with the customer IDs I need a table with the customers real names.

I know I can develop a new BAPI which gives the right data to the input, but I want to use the BAPI which are already existing.

former_member4251
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Signals & Union

Regards,

Luis

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know how this could work. Union is an operator to combine data form to data sources.

I have for each ID a table of customer IDs. The customer IDs should not be displayed, instead I want the customers names displayed.

Perhaps I misunderstood your solution? Can you give me some more details.

Best regards,

Christian