Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open the production transport queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can someone please help

I can't open the production transport queue. Our production system crashed about 3 hours ago and since then I can't open the production queue. At the time of the system crash I was transporting a user role and now when I go to STMS and try to open the production transport queue the clock is displayed in the left hand corner with the hands going round and round and I get a message saying copying import queue PR3. This is going on now for about 3hrs since the system crashed.

Thanks

Siobhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siobhan,

Please cancel any import job running in your production either through SM37 or SM50.

Next kill al TP processes at OS level and delete any entry in the import monitor in STMS.

After this this thing should work out.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit

I done what you suggested and now it lets me into the PR3 transport queue

Now I'm getting an error saying that the transport control program could not be started, RFC errror connection to partner broken. If I click on the X it allows me into the transport queue but there's absolutely nothing in the transport queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siobhan,

I think I know this error though cannot remember it what I did. I faced a long time back. However please do one thing. In STMS go to TMS alerts -

>TMS Alert Viewer. You will find this error there as well.

Click on it and a pop up will come. In this pop up on the right had side you will find three icons. First one will be a question mark, second will be clipbpoard kind of icon called tp output and third one for logs.

Click on the the first 2 icons-question mark and tp output and paste the contents for both of them.

The tp output contents will help you the best in finding out the root cause of the issue.

Additionally try to redistribute the TMS configuration from domain controller though it wont help you too much.

The best solution in this case is (this is something which I think we had to try eventually ) is restart of SAP.

Please award points for useful answers.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ruchit

Thanks again for our help

Does this mean anything to you?

I ran the programs RSTPTEST as suggested below and everything looks ok. I looked at the Gateway trace files but to be honest doesn't really mean anything to me. I've inserted the text from the tms alert file.. Have you seen this before?

Message no. TP 608 Diagnosis

There was an attempt to start the transport control program tp using the local RFC interface. An error occurred here.

Error code: 3

RFC error text: connection to partner broken / CPI-C error CM_PROD

Meaning of the error codes:

03 RFC system failure

04 RFC communication failure

System Response

The function terminates. Details about the error can be found in the trace file of the Gateway Monitor (SMGW).

Procedure

Contact your system administrator or use report RSTPTEST to localize the error. You can then execute the command again.

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siobhan,

Yes I have seen it before and I have solved it also. I just cannot remember it for the time being. Give me some time.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siobhan,

If I remember correctly this is what happened in my case:

Dummy TP proceeses were still running at OS level even though no job was running at OS level. We cancelled those processes and also deleted dummy entires in import monitor. Next after ensuring no TP process was running at OS level we did an import using TP commands at OS level and the issue got solved.You can do any kind of import even that of a blank transport request so that production doesnot get changed.Create a blank TR and release it and then try to import it using TP imports.Also check if you can find any old TP log files for the import that was happening at the time of crash in the path usr/sap/trans/tmp.Please delete them.

Please do try this out. This should really work.If this also does not work then restart should be done.

Please award points if solved.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit

I'd just like to thank you for all of your help. I did reboot but it didin't work. So i then deleted the tmp files as advised in your previsous email and it worked. Thanks again for getting me out of a major jam again.

Siobhan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siobhan,

Please, check the permission and owner of /usr/sap/trans, files and subs directories.

After a restore, they can have changed.

- Yvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siobhan,

Kindly check and provide the TP syslog details.

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar