cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Properties in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I am developing af portal application in webdynpro.

i would like to make some properties which can be changed in the iview properties. with normal portal applications this is possible through the portalapp.xml

or the default.properties depending on the version.

Also it is possible to define if the user can change these values under the iview tray.

is this possible in webdynpro to, and how should i define these properties.

Help is much apreciated.

Regards

Ronni Hostrup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni

It is not possible to create properties in webdynpro where you can modify in portal.

Rather you can develop some abstract portal components where you can specify properties which can be changed/modified in portal

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Thanks for the quick answer.

So it is not possible to make properties, which can be changed in the portal tray of the iview?

do anyone know what the "best practice is" for making properties in webdynpro then?

Regards

Ronni Hostrup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni

If you want to have some properties for webdynpro application then you can create a properties file in the src/packages folder.

Remember that you need to name the file with xxx.properties.

when you deploy the application, you can go to visual admin and go to Server/services/configuration adapter/webdynpro

Expand the vendor name you created, There you can see the properties file deployed. Now you can change the properties here.

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again!

I solved the problem

by making an application parameter an afterwards setting it inside the portal.

this way i can make personalization almost as it done in "normal" portal projects.

Thnx for all the help.

Ronni Hostrup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni,

i have the same problem. What do you exactly? What do you mean with "application parameter"?

Best regards,

Patrick

Edit: i know what you mean. It is the URL Parameter in the WebDynpro iView. I cant use this, because i have a PCD path as Parameter. it contains "/" and ":" and must be encoded and decoded.

Message was edited by: Patrick Höfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

At the end of the address line , you can add your own variable, eg. staus=33&month=jabuary.

inside the application you can get theese value with by calling this method:

AntalMFrem = Integer.parseInt(WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("maaned"));

where maaned is the variable name i used to the parameter.

when you have made an webdynpro iview you can edit the object, an then add these parameters - it is one of the options in the properties of the view.

when you test your application you can add the parameters like this:

http://was640:50200/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/LedigeKurser/LedigeKurserApp?myVar=myvalue

Hope this helps you solve the problem

Best regards

Ronni Hostrup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey NagaKishore,

Can you please elaborate your answer regarding the properties file in the src/packages folder:

1. You've mentioned "Expand the vendor name you created...". Where do I create this vendor exactly?

2. Can you please show me an example properties file? Should it have a certain header/statements like xml or can it be a regular properties file like this:

roy.test.p1="hello"

roy.test.p2="world"

10X,

Roy

Message was edited by: Roy Cohen

Answers (0)