cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT Script-wide search function and SAPGUI attach

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just upgraded to SAPGUI 6.40 and I am trying to find some of the new eCATT features. One features was the SAPGUI(Attach). I have looked in the "pattern" list but there is only SAPGUI(Record). How do I use the SAPGUI(Attach) function in 6.40. I have noticed that the GETGUI command is also absent from the pattern list. Also, I have found the search features for the script but I want to be able to search the command interface of a recording. For example if I want to parameterize a material number I could search for the number I entered instead of guessing at the screens in the command interface. Is this possible and how can I accomplish the task?

It seems that upgrading the Windows SAPGUI from 6.20 to 6.40 was not enough to upgrade eCATT. Are there further steps we need to take in order to utilize the features in the new version of eCATT?

Message was edited by: Ben Weisberg

Message was edited by: Ben Weisberg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently trying to promote an upgrade of the WAS to version 6.40 so that we can take advantage of the new features in eCATT. I am aware of the SAPGUI(Attach), GETGUI and script search features but are there other improvements? Where can I find an exhaustive list of all the upgrades and improvements made specifically to eCATT from version 6.20 to 6.40.

Solution Manager is our central testing system and we use RFCs to go out and test the satellite systems. Would it be possible to upgrade the WAS for Solution Manager to version 6.40 while leaving the satellite systems on WAS 6.20 and still take advantage of the newer eCATT? For example our QA system would be version 6.20 but we would be creating eCATT scripts from Solution Manager with RFCs to the QA system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen a lot of change in the functionality of ecatt in 6.40 over 6.20.... my favorite thing is parameters... they can be created a lot easier now.. Also the use of spreadsheets is integrated... CHEGUI and GETGUI are very helpful also. Editting of scipts has also been integrated better. Several other commands have been added also... I'm not sure if there is a complete list... Jon might be able to give you some more examples...

I see no problems with your landscape... It makes sense to me. (Jon will correct me if I'm wrong) We are currently on 6.40 but are testing a 4.6C R/3 box. RFC's are great.

Hey Jon - great to see you also!

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, you can't upgrade the Web AS underneath the Solution Manager to 6.40 independently. The next release of the Solution Manager will, however, have a higher Web AS Release. You can find details of the Solution Manager release strategy under http://service.sap.com/support-infrastructure.

Message edited for clarity by Jonathan Maidstone

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right, we can't update the WAS in Solution Manager independently. We will have to wait until early 2006 for Solution Manager 4.0 when the WAS will be based on SAPGUI 6.40. In the time being we would really like to get a chance to use some of the new features in eCATT. We do have a XI and BW systems running 6.40. Would it be possible to create eCATT scripts on one of these systems and RFC to one of the QA or DEV systems or do all systems have to be running 6.40 in order to take advantage of the new features in eCATT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You certainly can - the only requirement for the "target systems" is that they're running 4.6C or higher. You also need to be using SAPGUI 6.40.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have set up eCATT on our XI dev server that is running WAS 6.40 and I am now able to see all of the new features available. I have used a TCD(Record) command and an RFC out to our R/3 Dev system to successfully record a transaction. Unfortunately when I try to use the SAPGUI(Record) command and RFC to that same system I receive the following message:

"Record and replay with eCATT is not possible in the specified target system. This is Only Possible in Target Systems with BASIS 46C or higher. To make this system eCATT-compatible, see SAP Note 519858."

I know that all of our R/3 systems were upgraded to 4.7 Enterprise last year so I'm not quite sure what to make of this message. We are using SAPGUI 6.40, scripting is installed and enabled, the sapgui/user_script variable has been set to TRUE. The RFCs are not trusted, they are standard RFCs. Any idea where the source of this problem may be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error I was receiving regarding not having a target system above version 4.6C was due the single sign on user not having appropriate permissions on the target system. We gave this user full access rights and we are now able to record using the new SAPGUI features on 6.20 target systems.

My question now: Is it possible to save these new eCATT scripts as XML files and upload them into solution manager or alternativley transport them from this 6.40 system into the 6.20 system of Solution Manager? The RFC destination of the script will remain the same however the storage location of the script will change. Will all of the new logic and commands used while recording still function when executed from an older 6.20 system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, no. The eCATT script interpreter in 6.20 will not recognize the new 6.40 commands.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i had a doubt that is it possible to add a value to the existing script which was not recorded.i.e i want to add a new feild to the old script which was not recorded in the old script

thanks and regards

neel

former_member585451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

> Hi

> i had a doubt that is it possible to add a value to

> the existing script which was not recorded.i.e i want

> to add a new feild to the old script which was not

> recorded in the old script

>

> thanks and regards

>

> neel

Hi Neel..

Could you open a new Question as this is not relevent to the actual question raised by Ben.

I have an answer for this, pl open a new question and I would answer it there..

Best regards,

Harsha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the same problem as Ben and so the GETGUI command of eCATT is not available.

Given the fact that I would get back a value displayed in a screen, is there an alternative to GETGUI command of eCATT ?

Maybe I have to use TCD ? or use SCAT ?

Nicolas

former_member585451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

You can use TCD/Inline abap for the same.

While using TCD, the Mode should be 'G'(Get, which gets you the field value. Example as below.

'G' 'V_TVAK-BEZEI' I_BEZEI

For an Inline Abap, you need to check for the table if it has got any value for that field in the database(using select statement).

Hope this helps.

-Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

You have upgraded the GUI not the Web Application Server (WAS) which is what is needed... WAS 6.40 has the newer features that you are talking about. I'm guessing you are currently on 6.20 w/SAPGUI 6.40 now?

You will only see SAPGUI (Attach) & GETGUI when you upgrade to the WAS.

As for the find question... I am unaware of a find/search feature that will allow you to do that... that is a really cool concept thou.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben, Charlene

Could you please Join in this TOPIC.

Welcome to the SDN Forums » Web Application Server » CRM Development

Topic: eCATT Scripts for Creating Bussiness Partners

Replies: 11 Pages: 1 Last Post: May 17, 2005 7:40 PM by: Srinivas Kolli

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a script-wide search function in eCATT 6.40 - choose Edit -> Search from the menu. The cool thing is that you can navigate from the hit list directly into the correct part of the relevant command interface.

Charlene - good to see you on SDN