cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation costing : costing on header level, item/stage conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am hoping that someone can help me with an issue in shipment transportation costing. At present, we would like to cost a number of conditions on the stage level, but have the cost show on the shipment header. The problem I have is that I do not know how to “transfer” the cost from the item level to the shipment level. The problem I have are

1 – The forwarding agent is charging us based on the most expensive tariff zone that we visit. For example, we have a shipment that visit the following tariff zone in the following order (stages)

Delivery 1 Zone 1 – 30 euros

Delivery 2 Zone 2 – 50 euros

Delivery 3 Zone 3 - 100 euros

Delivery 4 Zone 2 – 50 euros

Delivery 5 Zone 1 – 30 euros

The forwarding agent would charge us 100 euros for the journey. The problem is that on the shipment header level, the system is taking the last visited tariff zone as the journey cost, and not the most expensive. While I could cost it per stage, the calculation is incorrect, as it is 30 + 50 + 100 + 50 + 30 = 260 euros. Is there a way to cost each stage (shipment item) but only transfer the most expensive cost on to the shipment header level and make it valid for costing?

2 – Some deliveries will require a “special” truck, and we are charged extra for this by the forwarding agent. The indicator to use this is captured on a delivery. However, I would like to cost this on the shipment header level, and not on the shipment item level. This is to ensure that it is costed only once per shipment. For example, if we have the following deliveries in a shipment and we are charged an extra 50 euros for the use of a truck with the special equipment, the cost would be

Delivery 1 < - Special equipment

Delivery 2 <- Normal

Delivery 3 < - Special equipment

Delivery 4 <- Normal

Delivery 5 <- Normal

“Normal rate + 50 euros”, and NOT “Normal rate + 50 euro + 50 euros”. The problem is that if I cost this on shipment stage / item level, the cost appears twice. Is there anyway to capture the cost in stage level, pass it on to the header only once?

Any ides?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

1.What is the basis of tariff is it 100 EUR per which unit of measure. Pls clarify.

2You can cost it at shipment cost item level also at the cal base in condition type. I presume there is one shipment cost item leg for all these deliveries.

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

The tariff zone is based on location / postcode, and it is a one-off charge per journey. Thus a shipment is costed as a fixed charge.

There are mutiple item leg per location / delivery, as each delivery is a seperate location. This has been done to ensure that we capture the number of shipment drops.