cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Definition contains no messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to map to the GS1 standard document, OrderProxy.xsd. I've created an external definition for OrderProxy and all the xsd's referenced by it. The OrderProxy external definition does not contain any messages in the message tab which means that I cannot use it in a message mapping. The xsd's that it references contains messages and I can map to it, but I need to map to the whole OrderProxy message and create it as a message interface.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Rudi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to create the Messag interface with the imported XSD . I am sure we can create the messge interface with XSD.

If not possible ,check the XSD valid or not.

Even though it is valid. then try to create the message type with that imported XSD and later create the message interface with the created message type.

I mean we can export the xsd from Data type editor also.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

Have you checked the OrderProxy.xsd file for format. You can check the same using Altova XML Spy. I think the format of the your file is not in proper xsd format. Check it with the tool.

Regards,

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

it is definitely a valid XSD, it is the GS1 standard document downloaded from the GS1 website. I've also checked it with Stylus Studio and it is a valid xsd file format.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

I just checked in the G1 website for OrderProxy.xsd.

It doesn't contain any element type, so that is the reason you are not able to see any messages in Messages Tab.

It only contains "<u>xsd:include schemaLocation</u>" which is a <b>include element</b> which is used to add multiple schemas with the same target namespace to a document.

Regards,

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

I just downloaded the XSD (V2.1.1) and had a look at OrderProxy.xsd. It doesn't contain any element/complexType tags, that's the reason no messages are found.

Regards

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

the GS1 message I am trying to map to is v1.3.1 - Sorry, forgot to mention that. Anyway, it also doesn't contain an element types only 4 "xsd:include schemaLocation" lines which reference the other xsd's. My final target message must be the OrderProxy message (which I've created as an external def) but I cannot map to the OrderProxy message. I can map individually to the other external definitions which is referenced by OrderProxy but I require OrderProxy to be my target\final message. The scenario is described in SAPHELP <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/content.htm</a>

at the bottom of the page in "Example" and it works fine, I just cannot use the main external definition (OrderProxy). Hope this makes things more clear.

Thanks everyone for all your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have ALTOVO Xml spy, just insert that xsd and modify it accordingly. It is a very usefule tool.

If you don't have it, download it, freeware only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

what are your Settings in the Messages drop down field? Make sure that it is "All Elements Contained".

regards

Dominic

Message was edited by:

Dominic Ludolph

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value is "From All Available Global Elements"

The main XSD: OrderProxy.xsd references four other xsd's: As2Envelope.xsd, DocumentCommand.xsd, Transaction.xsd and Order.xsd. I've imported these xsd's and they have values in the Messages tab which I can use. The OrderProxy external definition also reference the related external definitions correctly in the External References Tab. The problem is that I cannot create a message interface from the main XSD: OrderProxy and I cannot map to the OrderProxy xsd because there is no message to select.

Thanks