cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Different Material Free with One Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

There is requirment from client to give two material X and Y with main Material A.

I have tried SAP Free goods determination but it has provision to give at least one different material free with main material.

Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Friends,

Thanks a lot for the solutions. But i want the system to calculate the free goods quantity automatically. The sale BOM can give 2 different material with one material.

But with Sales BOM i cannot vary the free goods quantity for different group of customers.

Pls help.

Regards,

Jatinder

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BOM scenrio will not work for free goods.

This information I copied from SAP help.

Free goods can only be supported on a 1:1 ratio.

Free goods are not supported in combinations with material structures (for example, product selection, BOM, variants with BOM explosion

If you defined a free goods for variants in a generic article (only SAP Retail), you can only process the variants in the purchase order and goods receipt individually (as single articles). In other words, you cannot process them using the generic article matrix.

Regards,

Chandrasekhar.S

ryan_corominas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi jatinder,

please tell me how you resolved this issue?

Regards,

Ryan Corominas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so to maintain BOM is a good solution because the two free items r not the components of the main item to put it in a bill of material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Provided by Ajinkya looks as a good work around to handle the scenario. In that you can have option of selling as a Sales BOM & also individually if required.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

see u can do this by maintaining condition record which will say for 10 qty of x add 1 qty of y.

Might be this is for promotional activity (offers).

But one thing u have to put item category and That hglvit manually.

Hope it will help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjan,

I also sell material X sperately on which i do not give any free goods.

Sales BOM is not possible as i have to change item cat group of all material masters.

Ps help.

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you wand for every 10 Nos of Material A, 1 each of X and Y free.

Then define

For 10 Nos of Material A, 1 Nos of X

and

For 1 No of Material X, 1 Nos of material Y free.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Follow following steps

GO to VA01

Enter all the nessarry detail in the header .

Put ur material in as 1st line item and keep item category as TAN std .

The put the free item as 2nd material in 2nd line now put the item category as TANN, In the same line go to Hglvit(Higher level item column) and put the no. which is uner the item column of 1st line item( may be 10, or 1) that mean u have assign this material as subitem to high level item(i.e ur 1st item)

And u will find there will not be any cost calculated for this item.

This is working as i have tried it just now.

This will surely work.

PL reward if find helpfull.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i feel u can do this using appropriate item category.

keep ur main item and these two whic u want to give as free item as sub item to main item.

Eg. IF U put the main item's item category as TAN(pricing is carried out for this)

then put the subitem item category as TANN(Which is free of charge).

This will itself taken as two item free of cost on one item.

This will surely work.

Reward if find helpfull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i feel u can do this using appropriate item category.

keep ur main item and these two whic u want to give as free item as sub item to main item.

Eg. IF U put the main item's item category as TAN(pricing is carried out for this)

then put the subitem item category as TANN(Which is free of charge).

This will itself taken as two item free of cost on one item.

This will surely work.

Reward if find helpfull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Your requirement can be mapped using Sales BOM process. Use T-code - CS01.

1st create a dummy material (for e.g.material "B") with item category group as ERLA and maintain the pricing for this material. Now create a Sales BOM for material B and use the materials A (main material) and X & Y (Free materials).

Here the system will calculate pricing on Header level material ie. on B and the Delivery can be done for A,X & Y material. And finally the Billing will be done for material B.

Hope this meets your requirment.

REWARD if it helps you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya