Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table properties issue in NW04

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am working on NW04, EP6.0 . I am using a WebDynpro Table to display some editable dropdowns, checkbox and text view columns.

I have two issues with them.

1. Since there is a linktoaction column, the textview column appears as if action is present i.e the Hand icon appears on the text view and when clicked it appears as if an event is triggered but nothign happens. I want to remove that option for the text view column.

2.I have a checkbox column and i would make them readonly if their value is checked. But whoel ceel gets a blue background(readonly).. instead of the just check box. I would like only the check box appear read only instead of the whole cell.

Thanks in advance,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your description, it sounds like the first issue you describe is dealing with the lead selection of the row in the table. For all rows except the currently selected row, all columns (except the Link itself) will show the hand icon for selecting the row. Depending on your version (see the thread below), you can try the table compatibility property to adjust this behavior (the blog gives a great example, the thread talks about the versions in which it's available).

/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2005/09/13/new-web-dynpro-sample-available--enhancing-table-performance

For your second issue, you can also try the enabled property of the checkbox, but if I can remember correctly, it changes the color of the whole cell as well. The enabled property and the readonly property are pretty much the only choices you've got. Your other options would be to use another control, like a dropdown or a link for toggling the value, but these clearly don't make as much sense to a user as a simple checkbox.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I cant understand the first part of your question.. ?Where is the linktoAction ?

2. Instead of using readOnly property of table.. you can change the boolean attribute of the checkbox to readOnly when checked.. !

Regards

Bharathwaj

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharadwaj,

In my first question, Link to action in one of the columns in the table. SO the next column which is a text view also appears as if theres an action associated.

Well, i want teh check to be non editable i it is checked. So i set teh value to read only when checked . But due to others contents the cell appears big and whole cell take a readonly background . I want only the portion of check box to take the readonyl background.

Thanks,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Sol 1 : OnSelect of check box.. make the value attribute bound to the check box as read only..

For this you might have to map the read only property of the value attribute to some other attribute.. of type boolean .. and set that.

Sol2. The easiest .. you would have bound a value attribute to the checked property..(Remember, it actually needs one server event for the changes to reflect.. ! )

Bind to the read only property also..

Regards

Bharathwaj

Message was edited by:

Bharathwaj