cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing in MI Enviroment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey MI Guys,

is it possible to develop in NWDS using MDK plugin an publish directly to my mobile jsp client?

If yes, let me know how.

For Example,

i start in NWDS by creating a jsp mi project. after programming a couple lines of code i click export war file. and store it in the webapps folder.

what are my next steps now. how can i run the program?

and if i am finally happy with what i have done, how can i deploy the programm to my was(2004s)

Thanks,

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

is there a possibility to deploy the sca without access to the deploy tool. i have only access to the nwa, or do i have to get access to the deploy tool.

i am writing my thesis about this topic so dont be annoyed by my "sap not knowledge"

Thx Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

As per knowledge is concerned we need to have access to SDA tool to upload the SDA file generated.

As we dont have Webconsole in NW04S , so i find only this option.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

You can contact your system admistrators to upload the WAR file or SDA files.

Generally we dont have rights to SDA tool.

So administrators do these things.

If your problem is solved close the thread.

Cheers,

Karthick

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

it works now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have written a blog about easy JSP development that could probably help you.

The first time you need to sync via the WebConsole or the NWA. Once the app is on the device, it is fine to just compile and generate the WAR file directly into your WEBAPPS folder, delete the old APP folder or simply rename it and then to restart MI. This will help you so have a shorter DEV circle.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i was able to export the war file, where can i find the function to upload the war using NWA.

i was able to create a sca file but where do i have to put it to upload it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

After you Export the war file, this war file will be stored in webapps folder. Now upload this war file to server using WebConsole/NWA. After uploading this application, you have to assign this to the device. Then you can run the application in MI client.

Application should be registered with server atleast once. if the application is not registered then the webconsole is launced automatically, when to export the project. Also "Run to mobile application " check box will be disabled if the application is not registered with client.

refer this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eba3a7-0601-0010-b982-92f...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where exactly can i find the webconsole?

im am using MI 7.0 SPS 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

if you are using NW04S, then you dont have Webconsole. Only NWA is available for NW04S. Hence you have to upload the application using NWA(Netweaver Mobile Administration)

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

Adding to what Lakshmi said..Yes NW04S has no Webconsole so instead we can upload the WAR file from NWA (Using SDM tool)

Steps:

Go to NWA->Administrator>Mobile infrastructure>Mobile Archive Converter...

Here we can upload the WAR file and convert it to SDA/SCA files.

And save it locally in our desktop(Just click on the link to save it).

Once SDA/SCA file is deployed, using SDM tool upload the SDA/SCAs to the NWA..Here on the application is available in NWA ready to assign to devices (MI client)

Hope this helpful.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

Adding to Karthick's point..

Once the application is uploaded to server using NWA. Then you have to assign this application to the MI Client and sync. After application is assigned when the application link is cliecked in MI client, you can see the JSP and changes made by you in the JSP using NWDS.

If you want this to run locally, then Export the project "Run application" check box will be enabled and you can check that box.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

About Go to NWA->Administrator>Mobile infrastructure>Mobile Archive Converter...

I have nw2004s SPS 10

What i do to run the SAP examples..

1) Export the MI Application from the NW Developer Studio into the Webapps folder.

2) Login in the Mobile Server and execute transaction <b>MCD</b>

2.1 You have to define your Mobile Component Descriptor, for example:

Mobile Solution Name: MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEEVENTJSP

Version: <b>0.1</b>

Short Text: PRIMERA VERSION DEL EJEMPLO 2 DEL HELP.

Component Type : APPLICATION

Runtime Environment: JSP

2.2 In the same transaction go to the <b>Deployment </b>TAB in my case i have an apache server running on my mobile server:

SETUPFILES WEBSERVER http://erick:80

SETUPFILES LOCALPATH

SETUPFILES WEBPATH /MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEEVENTJSP.war

The file MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEEVENTJSP.war is the one that you export in the webapps folder. I put it in -> C:\apache\htdocs\MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEEVENTJSP.war

3) Go to you NWA in my case is: http://erick:50100/nwa

3.1 Fill this form...

Administrator>Mobile infrastructure>Mobile Archive Converter

Vendor: YourCompany

Application type: APPLICATION

Name: MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEEVENTJSP

Description: This is the SAP Example

Version: <b>0.1</b>

Build Number: 01

Runtime: JSP

Operating System: *

Processor: *

Language: *

Link to SAP MI Homepage: CHECK This!!

Upload File: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEEVENTJSP.war

Uploaded File:

Download File:

3.2 Click on Generate SDA...

3.3 It will ask you four your SDM password, i use the Master Password, an it works.

3.4 next next....

3.5 Start Deployment....

3.6 At the end it will ask you for RELOAD the ABAP and JAVA say YES.

3.7 Close..

that all! search for your mobile component

Administrator>Mobile infrastructure>Mobile Components

When you see your application you have to assign it to your "Device" Please follow this steps, to install the SAP Example MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEEVENTJSP.war In your server.

You need to learn how to work with the NWA so you can install the application in your mobile clients, you need to understand concepts like:

- Device Configuration

- Mobile Component

- Hierarchy Grouping

- MCD

I hope this helps, i am a newbie too, so maybe this are not the best practices!!!

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

For me in Mobile Acchive Converter of NWA the Application drop down box is empty so I am not able to do any conversion for the application deployment.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Greetson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

You can use Webconsole to upload the WAR file generated and once it is uploaded you can assign the application to any device.

Cheers,

Karthick