cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing transalation after applying support package SAP_BASIS, ABA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Our system release is ECC500, unicode system.

Language setting is :

1st language English,

2nd language Germany,

additional language Chinese ( supplemented with English, it was imported right after the system build-up ).

The support package SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA have just been updated from 16 to 19 in our system. After that, I supplemented the language Chinese with English in every clients, and then, deleted the language load using program RSLANG20.

But now we found that there are some texts displayed in German, such as characters in transaction SU56 and PFCG, which should be English originally.

Is the text missing, or not provided in the support package?

Could anyone tell me how can I deal with it, please ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can look this note :

Note 195442 - Language import and Support Packages

particularly the part "Operating the RSTLAN_IMPORT_OCS program"

Hope it help

- Yvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yvan,

I don't think it's suitable for me. The program RSTLAN_IMPORT_OCS is for the situation that import a additional language <b>after</b> importing support packages. But, our scenario is that, we've already imported the addtional language-Chinese once the system is newly built up, then we began to import support packages.

I just followed the instruction in the note 352941 - Consultation: Languages and Support Packages:

<i><b>Importing a patch after language supplementation</b>

If you have supplemented a language and then imported Support Packages, there is a risk of supplemented texts being deleted again. This especially affects languages that are rarely translated.

For this reason we recommend you repeat the language supplementation after you have imported a Support Package. A language supplementation in client 000 (client-independent tables) should be sufficient.</i>

As I said before, I've already supplemented the language Chinese with English after importing support packages, also deleted the language load and synchronized

the buffer. However, the problem still occurred. So I doubted that whether there is translation problem in support package 19.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's solved by implementing SAP notes.

989888->1008990->1024143

Thanks everybody.

Regards

Answers (0)