cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Messages in SolMan 4.0 (How to)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to send messages from the testworkbench. For the moment it is also in fuction. But these messages appears in our support monitor. But that is not to be like that. The testers should be able to see only their own messages e.g. over a variant (Selection over range of numbers). I assume that this is possible only over the production of a new procedure (likes SLFN) and the assignment of a new range of numbers. I saw that the SolMan already offers a test message (SDTM). That would be a further possibility.Which customizing attitudes do I have to make, so that the messages are sent from the testworkbench as test messages?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Ask your tester to login to sap solution manager and then enter tcode crm_dno_monitor.

In the selection screen select Business partner mine and status as all.

The tester will get list of all the messages raised by him or assigned to him.

Also from the test workbench if you select the test plan and click message overview tab.

You will get the list of all message only relevant for that test plan,ofcourse layout can be changed i mean the col etc.

Please reward points for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

with your solution the test messages are indicated in the procedure monitor of the service Desks. And I would like to prevent that. In the service Desk should be indicated only service messages. Therefore I would separate these messages over a selection variant. (e.g. with a range of numbers)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

For solving this issue you can define number range for ABA notification and for Service desk.This can be done by going into the transaction SPRO and IMG

then follow the path

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide<SAP Solution Manager <SAP Solution Manager System<service desk< service desk< Number ranges for notification.

By setting up the number range you can diffrentiate between Service desk message and ABA notification and corespondingly proceed to solve that service desk issue by going into the transaction monitor (CRM_DNO_MONITOR) and doing the required entries.

Hope this will solve your problem, reward point if it helps.

Thanks

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manas,

That unfortunately leads to no solution. I think, a new procedure type ZSLF (copy of procedure type SLFN) must be created. This can be assigned to a new range of numbers. My problem, which I must still solve now, is the following:

How can I guarantee, that the message ZSLF will called only from the Testworkbench, otherwise SLFN ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christian,

The Test Message SDTM is used in Change request Management for sending information to the developer from the Tester.This message can be created only during Test Phase of a maintenance cycle.So for test workbench you cannot use this transaction.

Can you be more specific on how you create a message from Test workbench?.

Please revert for clarification.

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash.

Thanks for the answer.

The momentary workflow for the production of the message is following:

1. Transaction STWB_WORK (test execution: Entrance)

2. Click on Testpaket in the work supply

3. Click on status of the test plan

4. Messages --> create message