Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in adding add-hoc approver in n-step workflow with BAdi

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are in the middle of developing n-step workflow for shopping cart using BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI. We plan to utilize a custom table, in which the BADI will pick the list of needed approvers from the table.

However we have the scenario where in some cases someone need to add approver manually on top of the list of approvers suggested by the system. This is very doable using 1-step and 2-step approval. However when we use this BADI we come to know that actually after one approver approve the SC, then the BADi will dynamically determine the approvers again. This present a problem to us, as the approvers that have been added manually by the person creating SC, will disappear because we dont map it to the table.

For example when A creating SC with amount of 1000, from the table it is determined that it has to be approved by user 1, user 2, and user 3. Then user A add user 4 as additional approver after user 3. When it is saved, it will go to user 1 for approval. Once user 1 approves, BADI will dynamically determine the list of approvers again. BADI will get user 1 (approved already), user 2, and user 3, but user 4 will disappear from the list, though originally user 4 has been added manually by user A.

Has anyone got solution for this issue?

Best regards,

Yosea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yosea,

First I'd look for SAP NOTES, there are lots of them about the behaviour of the BADI WF (depending of course of your version and SP level).

Take a look for example to the following

Note 844101 Item approval: Added approver

Note 938899 - Inserted approvers for the item-based workflow

Note 990467 - Commit Problem with AdHoc Agents

Note 951272 Item approval: Error with inserted approvers

In case of no SAP Notes solve your problem you canopen a SAP Message or even I think it could be solved easily with other table. But try first with the SAP Notes .

I hope this help you

Regards

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Actually before posting the thread, I already looking for OSS notes (using my own S id) and browsing SDN, but i dont find the relevant info. At the moment I havent been able to post OSS message as we're developing in dev.server using temporay license and we only get the permanent licence one week from now.

Anyway, thanks for your input about the OSS number, but unfortunately all has been there (the version is SRM server 5.5 with patch level 8). Appreciate if you can share me more info should you have it.

Best regards,

Yosea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yosea,

I am having the same problem as you described above. I am using the n-step workflow approval with BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI which works fine as long as an ad-hoc approver is not included. Once the ad-hoc approver is manually inserted by the PO creator then it is eventually dropped as the ad-hoc approver is no longer known is subsequent executions of the BADI.

What was the solution/workaround that you used to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Andy.

Answers (0)