Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order quantity is being changed -incompletion log arising

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I come across a situation in OM.

Sales order1 is created with item 10 (qty20) on 1 may 07, delivered and invoiced.

There is a new requirement from same customer for same item. so instead of createing new SO, iam trying to change existing <b>sales order1</b>--order quantity to say 30 ( fresh reqt being 10)

when i try to deliver newly added 10 qty of item 10, iam end up with incompletion on schedule lines.

Is this correct process to edit order Qty ?

many thanks for your reply...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Idealy speaking you should not do changes in the old order which is invoiced,insted the correct way will be to create a fresh order,delivery and billing.

this will be easy for the record purpose.Again if you dont's want to enter the same data again and agian for the same customer and material etc,you can copy the order say OR to OR.

Maintain copy control for OR to OR and sales order copy control and your problem will be solved.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done it with answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add the same material as second line item in the same order & try creating a delivery for the same. Ideally you should not get an error.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per logic once you bill the complete order/item, new requirement can be fullfilled by issuing new order.

If by chance, you amended the qty in SO, then while creating the delivery (VL01N)you have to mention the selection date as per the schedule line in SO item.

It will allow you to create the delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sarma,

it is not possible to edit the order once the delivery and invoice are raised, since the goods have been already been picked up so you cannot modify the order know.

if customer has ordered again , you have to raise the new standard order again.and do delivery and invoice

please reward points if it is helpful

Regards,

Murali