cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soap adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to put my understanding of SOAP Adapter as shown below. Plz correct me if I am wrong. If I am configuring the webservice on the sender channel of IE then webservice URL format should be like shown below.

http://<host>:<j2ee -port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?

channel=<party>:<service>:<channel>

On the other hand if I am configuring SOAP Adapter on the receiver channel side of IE then I can use whatever may be the URL of webservice and the same should be configured in the communication channel of receiver. There is no hard rule that receiver side webservice should follow the url format as shown above.plz correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>There is no hard rule that receiver side webservice should follow the url format as shown above.plz correct me if I am wrong.</i>

You are perfectly correct.

In the sender SOAP adapter's case you are making your interface as a webservice so that another application is sending data to XI considering XI as a webservice provider. The URL is hence provided by XI.

In receiver SOAP adapter you are invoking a webservice using XI. In this case the SOAP Url will be therefore the URL provided by the webservice and is bound to vary.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)