cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create SWCV, SWC, PPRODUCT in the Beginneru2019s Guide to XI Settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear XI experts,

I am a beginner in XI and I am trying to learn the technology from hands on examples. Here I found an excellent blog 'A Beginner's Guide to SAP XI settings' Part 1. where PO is sent from r/3 to XI. Here is the link :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4ac372c...

I was going through it all steps in r/3 were done, until I came to the point when SXMB_IFR is executed and Integration Builder is lunched. Then the next steps(tips) are really not clear for novice:

My questions are as follows:

Tip 2 (page 11)

...2.Create the technical landscape involving SWCV, SWC, PRODUCT, business systems, and technical system. Save all your work and go back to Integration Builder....

Question: Can someone tell me Step by step 1,2, 3 , where I should go, how to do it ?Do I go in System Landscape Directory and if yes – where exactly , which menu, submenu – there are some many things to configure/create here(in SLD)? More details please!? What are the Clicks here?

Tip 3 (page 11)

.....Create the SWCV with usage dependency (installation time) and add the SAP BASIS component to it. This will preinstall a few components that you can use while in the integration repository......

Question: There is no explanation at all – where we go , and how create this ...it is very unclear for the reader unless one has dealt with this before. More detailed clicks here, please?And also.. why is this step ?

Tip 4 (page 11)

You need only one business system for your RECEIVER to be created and subsequently one technical system. There are a couple of crucial things to be maintained here, like logical system, integration server, SWCV etc., which are essentials to know.

Qeastion: What steps(if any) are involved in tip 4? Details please and/or more light?

Tip 5 (page 11)

....List everything for your convenience....

Question: This I don't get at all but may be beacuse Tips3, 4 and 5 are unclear

Tip 6. and 7. , 8 etc..seems to me a little more explained in details at least from reading it but if someone wants to add something to the rest of the steps – please do it , I will definitely use and need more light going through it,

I want to be understand correctly about this Guide – it is a nice example of business scenario from the real world- that is why I want to go entirely through it until I see the final result. I admire the author about it. But some of the steps in XI part are not very clear procedurally.

So if someone can even send me screen shots at least from the Questions I had – it will best. although ' click by click' guide will be useful as well. I will please highly appreciate any detailed explanations and if you want to send me the screenshots:) - email to: brpitsev@yahoo.com

Thanks all

Regards,

Boby

<i></i><i></i>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boby,

Please check your mail.

Thanks,

Tuhin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

2) refer this thread whcih shows a good way out working with SLD

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/workingwithSystemLandscapeDirectory+%28SLD%29&http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a4/481955dc9e42c19d5a1bc3b8aead81/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Any for your helpfull answer, I went through the helo you pointed it's la little more clear , thanks again!

Regards,

Boby